Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Paid Subscription registration flow

• jabba84
  • jabba84
11 months 3 weeks ago #335507 by jabba84
Hello, i'm trying to achieve this registration flow, can you let me know if it's possible?
  • I have 3 plans with 3 different prices but they are basically the same, all users are moved to the "registered" usergroup
  • Users wihtout a valid subscription can't login (but users with an expired subscirption can). I have seen that this is doable and already done it (i've set an expiration grace period of 10 years so i don't care if someone pays for 1 year and the login for the next 9).
  • I need to approve users before they pay the subscription,
The last point is the one i've trouble with. I need:
  1. User A register to the website witouh payin anything. It should not be able to navigate the website while logged in.
  2. Administrator receive a mail and choose to enable the user A
  3. User A receive a mail with something like "an administrator ha enabled you, click here to pay for your subscription"
  4. They click the link and they go to the payment form (via credit card)
  5. Once the subscription expires (31th december of every year) they can decide to pay again to be subscribed util the next 31th december or to ignore it and do not register again.
Is this possible somehow?
Thanks!

WebMaster & JoomlaLover @ www.pixed.it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 months 3 weeks ago #335516 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Paid Subscription registration flow

User A register to the website witouh payin anything. It should not be able to navigate the website while logged in.

Ensure "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" is set to "No" within CBSubs > Settings > Global. This will prevent their account from functioning if they don't have an active subscription.

Administrator receive a mail and choose to enable the user A

This should already be the case if you've enable registration approval within CB > Configuration > Registration. If you want approval to happen before payment you'll need to set that under the Workflows tab of your plans in CBSubs > Plans otherwise they'll pay and have to wait for you to approve them.

User A receive a mail with something like "an administrator ha enabled you, click here to pay for your subscription"

It should already notify them that their account has been approved. You can customize that email using CB language overrides functionality shown below. It'll ask them to pay their plan selected during registration on their next login attempt.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

They click the link and they go to the payment form (via credit card)

There's no functionality for that. They'll be asked to pay on their next login attempt.

Once the subscription expires (31th december of every year) they can decide to pay again to be subscribed util the next 31th december or to ignore it and do not register again.

You'll need to use a By Calendar Year duration if you want it to start and end at specific dates within a year.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jabba84
  • jabba84
11 months 3 weeks ago #335529 by jabba84
Replied by jabba84 on topic CB Paid Subscription registration flow
Nice, thanks! I totally missed this setting:

If you want approval to happen before payment you'll need to set that under the Workflows tab of your plans in CBSubs > Plans otherwise they'll pay and have to wait for you to approve them.

Now it's way easier to to this. Thanks again

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• jabba84
  • jabba84
11 months 3 weeks ago #335543 by jabba84
Sorry, last question: is possible for the moderators to enable users directly from the email with a link? Or at least have a link to backend that points directly to the user that need the activation?
Thanks!

• krileon
  • krileon
11 months 3 weeks ago #335554 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Paid Subscription registration flow
You could modify the email using a language override to add a link to the frontend user moderation page. Suggest creating a Joomla menu item with the menu type of Community Builder > Moderate User Approvals then add that menu link to your email. See the below on how to use language overrides in CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jabba84

• jabba84
  • jabba84
11 months 3 weeks ago #335577 by jabba84

You could modify the email using a language override to add a link to the frontend user moderation page. Suggest creating a Joomla menu item with the menu type of Community Builder > Moderate User Approvals then add that menu link to your email. See the below on how to use language overrides in CB.

Great, thanks!

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon