Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Login on Registration and Linking/Attaching file in CB Autoaction Email

11 months 3 weeks ago #335580 by Intellitech
Hi, I am using the latest 2.8.2+build.2023.10.18.15.12.43.ea72b9e83.
I notice that the "Login on Registration" option that used to be under Configuration - Registration is no longer there.
Where can I go to switch off the login form that appears with the registration form pls. 

Also I have a field in my registration form that requires upload of a supporting file in xls. How can I attach or link that file in the email that is triggered to Admin in my CB Auto Actions email so that the administrator processing memberships can easily view the supporting file without having to login to the backend?
I am a Professional Member.
Thanks.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 months 3 weeks ago #335605 by krileon

I notice that the "Login on Registration" option that used to be under Configuration - Registration is no longer there.
Where can I go to switch off the login form that appears with the registration form pls. 

It's part of the template now. Edit the default template in CB > Plugin Management then under Layout > Registration you can enable it. You can also completely customize registration and profile layouts from there as well.

Also I have a field in my registration form that requires upload of a supporting file in xls. How can I attach or link that file in the email that is triggered to Admin in my CB Auto Actions email so that the administrator processing memberships can easily view the supporting file without having to login to the backend?

You'll need to substitute it into your email. See the below tutorial on how to use substitutions.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Intellitech

11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #335624 by Intellitech
Apologies, I found the setting under Default - Layout - Registration.
Still need help on the Substitution though.

Thanks for the quick response.
Sorry, I cannot locate the Layout-Registration option in CB- Plugin Management. Am I missing something? I have not updated to  2.8.2+build.2023.10.26.18.28.43.0f0841c5a  as I am still testing the site. Hope this doesn't affect anything?

Also read the Substitutions link provided but cannot see where to attach an uploaded file with CB Auto Actions triggered email? 
Thanks again.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by Intellitech.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 months 3 weeks ago #335635 by krileon

Also read the Substitutions link provided but cannot see where to attach an uploaded file with CB Auto Actions triggered email?

You need to substitute in your file field. I assume you're using a file field for the user to upload something during registration. So for example if your file field is named cb_resume you can substitute in the raw URL to the file with [cb_resume].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Intellitech

Moderators: beatnantkrileon