Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Cannot import row because: Username in use

11 months 3 weeks ago #335661 by Intellitech
Replied by Intellitech on topic Cannot import row because: Username in use

Yes. Your issue is probably an encoding one. You need to use the below settings.

1. Character set: UTF-8
2. Separated by Comma
3. Format quoted fields as text
4. " as string delimiter

Sorry where do I check and change these settings pls? I have been using whatever is the default settings since installtation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 months 2 weeks ago #335668 by Intellitech
Hi Kyle,
I have saved the file on my Mac as CSV UTF-8 (comma delimited) file and saved all cells formatted as Text.  The errors as shown in all the 4 alternative steps in my earlier test still appear. Pls help. I am not familiar working with JSON or XML.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 months 2 weeks ago #335677 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cannot import row because: Username in use

Sorry where do I check and change these settings pls? I have been using whatever is the default settings since installtation.

That'll depend on what software you're using. I use LibreOffice and it asks me to fill out those parameters when I open the CSV.

I have saved the file on my Mac as CSV UTF-8 (comma delimited) file and saved all cells formatted as Text. The errors as shown in all the 4 alternative steps in my earlier test still appear. Pls help. I am not familiar working with JSON or XML.

I don't know what more to suggest. We've using standard PHP CSV functions to access the data in the file, but if it's not formatted as instructed above then the raw CSV file won't process properly. Whatever software you're using likely isn't saving it correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 2 weeks ago #335739 by Intellitech
Thanks so much for trying to help.
In the end I resorted to using Numbers on my Mac to create CSVs and define the various date and other settings. It works fine now so I guess Excel in Office for Mac was causing all the issues when converting CSVs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon