Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Comments / replies display order

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
7 months 4 weeks ago #337269 by AlanJones
Comments / replies display order was created by AlanJones
QUick question about comments and replies display order. I know how to change the display (Inline collapsed is best for me), but how do I change the order of display? At the moment it bumps recent comment activity to the top. I want recent Post activity to bump, but I'd prefer comments and replies to stay in top down order.

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 months 4 weeks ago #337270 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Comments / replies display order
Comment order doesn't change with a activity comment bump. The comment container is just a flexbox column container. So you can reverse its order as you see fit. The following CSS is already included by default based off how many comments there are.
Code:
.cb_template .activityStream .activityContainer:not(.activityCommentsLong) .commentsStream, .cb_template .activityStream .activityContainer:not(.activityCommentsLong) .commentsStreamItems { flex-direction: column-reverse !important; }

If you don't want that you can apply the below using CBs built in CSS overrides feature.
Code:
.cb_template .activityStream .activityContainer:not(.activityCommentsLong) .commentsStream, .cb_template .activityStream .activityContainer:not(.activityCommentsLong) .commentsStreamItems { flex-direction: column !important; }

Basically if there's a lot of comments then the new comment box will be at the top because it's no longer possible to follow it as a discussion thread. Otherwise new comments box will be at the bottom.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon