Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Creation of a Client Portal with task completion indicators

• a2zcs
  • a2zcs
4 months 2 weeks ago #338252 by a2zcs
I've recently been approached by a potential client wondering if the following is possible, and which I'd like to use CB for. I'm fairly familiar with CB having used it on a few chamber of commerce, yacht club and other membership websites. This one is a little different. This client is in the medical profession and they want a client portal created where the client is able to login to complete online forms, but also be able to see which forms have been completed already and/or see which ones still need to be completed. They also would like some of the communication features of CB which are built in, but the form 'status', if you will, is what I'm not sure about. Anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Most likely will be using RSForm Pro as the form extension.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 months 2 weeks ago #338254 by krileon
You should be able to just use any of the available form extensions for that. As for displaying them on profile you could use CB Code Field to call their APIs to render them on profile and/or use CB Query Field to display the results/status of their form as well by querying for their form data.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• a2zcs
  • a2zcs
2 months 1 week ago #338832 by a2zcs
Hi, I guess I need a little help with the statement.

I have the forms showing on tabs in CB and they are working. I've inserted them using their load module feature. I've installed CB Query Field and have created a text field. In the Query field on the Validation tab I've got the following statement, which returns nothing n the field other than a "-"    SELECT `DateSubmitted` FROM `#__rsform_submissions` WHERE `FormId`=9 and USERID() = `UserId`;

My goal is to show the date of the last time the form was filled out by the current logged in user.  Am I even close?....

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 1 week ago #338834 by krileon
You added the query to query validation. That's for validating a field by a custom query not for displaying the results of a custom query. To display the results of a custom query you need to create a field with the field type Query and that can be used for what you're wanting.

Your query however isn't valid. I've no idea what USERID() SQL function is supposed to be doing here. You have to use substitutions to get user information (e.g. [user_id]) and by default the substitutions will be from the profile owner not the viewing user. For viewing user you need to use substitution properties to get that (e.g. [cb:userdata field="user_id" user="#me" /]). See the below tutorial for further substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/127-community-builder/279-tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• a2zcs
  • a2zcs
2 months 1 week ago #338858 by a2zcs
Made the modifications you suggested with no better luck. Created the query field and am using the following query: SELECT `DateSubmitted` FROM `#__rsform_submissions` WHERE `FormId`=9 and [user_id] = `UserId`;

All I get is a hyphen. I'd like it to return the date of the last time the form was completed. Thoughts?

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 1 week ago #338863 by krileon
Your query still needs to be valid. You're not providing valid SQL. Below is an example of a valid SQL. Please understand I cannot help you with custom coding so in the future you may want to read some guides on writing SQL.
Code:
SELECT `name` FROM `#__users` WHERE `id` = '[user_id]'

The above example would display their name from the _users table based off the profile owners user id.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon