Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Forgot Password

• spike277
  • spike277
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #338839 by spike277
Forgot Password was created by spike277
It is not good that when you use the forgot password function, a new password is simply assigned and sent it after entering an email address. The users' email addresses are displayed so that any email address can be entered and the password can also be changed by other users.

How can I switch to the Joomla standard process for forgot password? Legitimation code and entering a new password on the page.
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by spike277.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 1 week ago #338840 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Forgot Password
There currently isn't a simple option to use Joomla's over CB's. The only way to do this for now would be to go to Extensions > Plugins then edit "Community Builder System plugin". Next set both "Redirect URLs" and "Rewrite URLs" to "Disabled". This however creates a risk of backdoor registrations so you need to be absolutely sure you've turned Joomla's registrations off in Users > Options or someone could bypass CBs registration page by using Joomla's. In a future CB release we won't even have our own login process anymore as we'll just entirely use Joomla's.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spike277

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon