Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Migration

• sirweb
  • sirweb
1 month 4 weeks ago #338965 by sirweb
Migration was created by sirweb
Hi,
We are for different reasons stuck on an old Joomla version and are planning a migration.
Currently om J! 3.10.12 and PHP 7.4.33.

What is the latest version of CB for these Joomla and PHP versions?

What are your recommendations regarding CB with addons when migrating to current versions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 4 weeks ago #338968 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Migration

What is the latest version of CB for these Joomla and PHP versions?

We still support Joomla 3.x so all current releases work for it except plugins specifically designed for Joomla 4 and 5 (e.g. like our new CB SEO plugin). CB 3.x will be dropping Joomla 3 support though so it's certainly worth migrating.

What are your recommendations regarding CB with addons when migrating to current versions?

Ensure CB is completely up to date before migrating and you shouldn't have any issues in regards to CB itself.

We went from J3 > J4 > J5 all in 1 shot. It was relatively painless, but we almost exclusively use our own products so we didn't have a bunch of other extensions to contend with and CB has robust backwards compatibility so was never an issue. We first reverted to default Joomla template, uninstalled the old template, uninstalled Kunena (it has no backwards compatibility bridge!), migrated to J4, cleaned out old J3 extensions that are no longer marked system extensions, migrated to J5, installed Kunena, and applied our custom CSS. There's a lot more steps specific to our site mixed in there, but that's the basics of what we did. It went very smoothly and took no time at all.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirweb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon