Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Stream limit to zero

• fioresns
  • fioresns
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #339103 by fioresns
Stream limit to zero was created by fioresns
Earlier today I noticed that I could'n go past 23 days ago posts. So I checked the Activity Stream/Display/Paging. It's disabled, but fixed on 15 rows.
According to the info box, if it's disabled, the number sets the number of rows showing, and setting it to 0 should show unlimited items. So I set it to 0, but it showed actually 0 rows. I set it as a high number and it works fine for me, but either the setting or the info box are wrong, I think 
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by fioresns.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #339104 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stream limit to zero
Being an activity feed it's not a guarantee every post is going to be visible. There's various reasons why a post maybe excluded from a stream, but in general it's due to access issues. So if you've 30 posts, but only see 25 then 5 of them are inaccessible due to whatever reason.

Why did you disable paging? That means you can't load in another page of activity. Can you better describe exactly what you're trying to do? It's no longer possible to show all posts on a single page so yes that description is wrong. The reason for that is it's too risky performance wise as we had people crashing their sites trying to show 1000 posts at once.

Please be sure to also post in the Professional support forums. You're a subscriber so you receive priority support. Posting in the community forums runs the risk of us missing your post.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by krileon.

• fioresns
  • fioresns
1 month 1 week ago #339105 by fioresns
Replied by fioresns on topic Stream limit to zero
So I wanted my site to be scroll-looking, without pages. Like scrolling forever. Do you think it's more likeable to crash?
I made several tests with a couple of users: if I write 15 in the box, it shows till 23 days ago, no matter the user (I didn't count if it was 15 posts).
If I write 100000, it shows all the posts so far. If I write 0, it says that there are no posts.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 1 week ago #339106 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stream limit to zero
CB Activity is already infinite scroll. The paging behavior just limits how many posts are loaded in per-scroll. Enabling paging again, set page limit to 15 for example, then turn on "Auto Load" under Display > Automation. This will automatically load in the next page as you scroll.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fioresns

• fioresns
  • fioresns
1 month 1 week ago #339107 by fioresns
Replied by fioresns on topic Stream limit to zero
Done, it works fine! Appearently I got it wrong. Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon