Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Activity, comments and likes for EasyBlog/Articles posts and Activity Stream

• krileon
  • krileon
3 weeks 4 days ago #339220 by krileon
I'm working on adding the read more button, no worries! I've also fixed the main image to properly use the intro image, alt tag, and image caption. I'm reviewing other article features for display as well like maybe category link, tags, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robster80

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robster80
  • robster80
3 weeks 4 days ago #339221 by robster80
Thank you! I appreciate that.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #339222 by krileon
Ok, the latest CB Activity build release has the following changes.

1. Article content is now raw output to avoid reformatting and loss of content
2. Intro text article and global parameter is now respected (so can be toggled on/off per article as desired)
3. A read more button is now output at the bottom of the article contents linking to the article (this respects read more parameters)
4. Joomla content prepare event now is properly sent com_content.article context allowing 3rd party extensions/content plugins to properly parse the article contents for integrations (e.g. like integrations that insert custom shortcodes)
5. Intro image is now used instead of full text image if available
6. Image alt description is now properly added to main image
7. Image caption now properly floats on top of images (bottom right) if available

This is the best I can do for now as I'm in the middle of other coding tasks. In a future release category display and tags display will be added. Below is an example of an expanded post with all the above changes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon