Skip to Content Skip to Menu

new user not getting email registration link

• qneal78710
  • qneal78710
4 weeks 21 hours ago #339190 by qneal78710
After I filled out the registration form, I got this message:An email with further instructions on how to complete your sign up has been sent to the email address you provided.Please check your email (including your spambox) to complete your sign up.To have the email sent again, simply try logging in with the username and password of your sign up.I can't find the email link in my email nor in my spam mails, however I do see the user in the back end but the user is not enable. Is there some kind of mail agent that needs to be setup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 weeks 5 days ago #339200 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic new user not getting email registration link
Ensure outbound emails are working for your site. To do this select a test user accounts checkbox in CB > User Management and click the Mass Mail button to try sending them an email. Sounds like the email failed to deliver as they should receive the Welcome or Pending email unless you emptied their Subject and Body in CB > Configuration > Registration as doing so results in those emails not sending.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• qneal78710
  • qneal78710
3 weeks 4 days ago #339210 by qneal78710
Replied by qneal78710 on topic new user not getting email registration link
Question,
I am using a VPS and I found out today that they block port 25. So, I guess my outbound email won't work so does that mean that the users and send messages to each other once inside the website? I understand that they won't receive a confirmation email upon registration but for testing purposes, I want to know if I create a couple of users, if they would receive inside messages?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 weeks 4 days ago #339213 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic new user not getting email registration link
The PMS doesn't require outbound messaging so yes they can still communicate onsite fine. However you should address your VPS being unable to email users. My guess is you need to configure Joomla mail in Joomla global configuration to use sendmail or SMTP instead of PHP Mail then configure it according to your hosts requirements.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon