Skip to Content Skip to Menu

notifications tab is showing variables

• qneal78710
  • qneal78710
3 weeks 1 day ago #339240 by qneal78710
notifications tab is showing variables was created by qneal78710
when a user tries to update his/her profile and click on the "Notifications" tab, they will see "variable"...ie

NOTIFY_CONN_CONNECTED     yes/no
NOTIFY_CONN_ACTIVITY
NOTIFY_CONN_GALLERY
NOTIFY_CONN_GROUP
NOTIFY_ACTIVITY_MENTION
NOTIFY_COMMENTS_REPLY
NOTIFY_COMMENTS_LIKE
NOTIFY_COMMENTS_MENTION

I understand what they mean, but a regular user does not. Instead of me going in and changing this only for an update to out and change them back, can you guys just change them in the next build to show the value of the variable instead of the variable itself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 weeks 1 day ago #339243 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic notifications tab is showing variables
Those are strings provided by CB Quickstart. Appears you applied it at some point. It needs to remain installed and published for its strings to continue to translate or you'll need to translate those strings yourself using language overrides shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• qneal78710
  • qneal78710
3 weeks 23 hours ago - 3 weeks 23 hours ago #339253 by qneal78710
Replied by qneal78710 on topic notifications tab is showing variables
Can you be a little more specific? I can't find this Override tab in my tab Tab Management and I can't find it within any of the fields either. I looked at a video from 9 years ago which looked like an adhoc feature but I don't see any specific add-on to download and install. So where is this tab and how do I find it?

Here's the video I watched: CB 2.0 Tutorials - 36 - CB Language Override plugin and how to use ithttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMLpfdfgNxA&t=7s

Last edit: 3 weeks 23 hours ago by qneal78710.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 weeks 23 hours ago #339254 by krileon
Language overrides aren't within tab management. Navigate to CB > Plugin Management and edit your Default language plugin. From there you'll find a tab to override language strings. This would only be necessary if you uninstalled CB Quickstart, which is where those strings normally come from otherwise if it's installed simply publish it again and those strings should translate fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• qneal78710
  • qneal78710
3 weeks 16 hours ago #339260 by qneal78710
Replied by qneal78710 on topic notifications tab is showing variables
Krileon,

Okay, thank for your help. Language Overrides work just fine when it came to the "Connections" part but down further on the page is a "NOTIFY_COMMENTS" are with:
NOTIFY_COMMENTS_REPLY                                               No language key or string matches found
NOTIFY_COMMENTS_LIKE                                                   No language key or string matches found
NOTIFY_COMMENTS_MENTION                                          Found the match but no matter what text you put in to replace, no language gets replaced, so it doesn't work.

So either, your "find" can find the language string or if it does, then you can't change the language

• krileon
  • krileon
2 weeks 5 days ago #339269 by krileon
They don't exist because they were provided by CB Quickstart which you appear to have uninstalled after running. You have to create them. You can create language overrides without using the finder. Simply press the "Add Overrides" button to add a new language override then supply the key and string.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon