Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Comments on Joomla Articles are not working

• Opendreas
  • Opendreas
2 weeks 2 days ago #339312 by Opendreas
Replied by Opendreas on topic Comments on Joomla Articles are not working

Navigate to System > Manage > Plugins then edit "Content - CB Activity" and under "Comments" ensure "Stream" is set to "Articles".

Thanks, it works now. The default value was Profile Fields.

You'd need to look into Joomla API regarding this. I've no idea what view you're trying to turn comments off on. For example when directly viewing an article its context is com_content.article. Everything in Joomla basically has a context applied to it to determine where a Joomla event was fired. You can also just exclude by category id as I understood that's what you were wanting. This will exclude for both Comments and Likes though there is no functionality to just exclude 1 of those features.

My knowledge is currently not enough to learn the Joomla API.
Yes, I wanted to exclude some categories; there were no comments or likes in the articles, but I also wanted to disable one of the two functions for articles, for example, leave only likes.
But if this is not possible, then I will use what I have. Perhaps in the future you will implement such an opportunity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 weeks 2 days ago #339322 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Comments on Joomla Articles are not working
Added a feature ticket to redo the include/exclude to be individual so you can set them separately for likes and comments. I don't have a timeframe for when this would be available though.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9498

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Opendreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon