Skip to Content Skip to Menu

field values not showing when I search

• qneal78710
  • qneal78710
2 weeks 4 days ago #339278 by qneal78710
field values not showing when I search was created by qneal78710
cb_education SchoolsField Group  cb_education_school SchoolText Field
So created users and filled out information including the "School" table box. But when I try to list just users with the School - text field, they don't show up on the users profile, but when I select schools - field group, the image of the school that I uploaded for the school and the school name both show up. I really just want the name of the school to show up {text - field}, so that when I make the text box searchable and user can then just type in the school and all users from that school show up. I've made them searchable and still I'm unable to see them. It can't be because of multiple schools being created. It's a text box so that certainly should be searchable.

I notice that this is the same for the Work and Work_Place fields.  cb_work_workplace WorkplaceText Field   cb_work WorkplacesField Group

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 weeks 4 days ago #339281 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic field values not showing when I search
Not sure I fully understand your issue. You're having issues with those fields inside of a CB Field Group field not being searchable even though they're set searchable? You need to also mark cb_education searchable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• qneal78710
  • qneal78710
2 weeks 3 days ago #339287 by qneal78710
Replied by qneal78710 on topic field values not showing when I search
So I go to your demo site and go in as admin and create a table list and added the two fields cb_education and cb_education_school and made them searchable, the problem is that I can't create a menu on your demo site. I did this same thing on my site and still I am unable to view those fields as you can see on the third image I sent you.
Attachments:

• qneal78710
  • qneal78710
2 weeks 3 days ago #339290 by qneal78710
Basically all I"m doing is creating a list so that people can search by your school. cb_education_school does not work. I have it set to searchable but it does not work.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 weeks 3 days ago #339297 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic field values not showing when I search
Appears to be working perfectly fine on our demo site. You simply add cb_education to a column, set its display mode in the second dropdown, and it'll display fine. You can't display individual fields inside of a field group so cb_education_school cannot be displayed as it's a child field of cb_education. It's the same for searching. 

Set cb_education and cb_education_school as searchable. Next add cb_education to your userlist and do not add cb_education_school to the userlist. That should be all you need to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• qneal78710
  • qneal78710
2 weeks 3 days ago #339305 by qneal78710
Okay so now I understand. That was working the whole time. I didn't understand that field groups aren't searched individually because they are part of multiple fields. I thought that you could just pick out individual fields from that group and have them displayed. I understand it now. It's working just fine. Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon