• ljenish
  • ljenish
2 weeks 1 day ago #339332 by ljenish
Frontend generate field groups was created by ljenish
Hi

Need dynamically generated fields:

ie.
User selects "book 1"
a collection of fields are generated ie ISBN, publisher, format, length etc.

User is then able to select "book 2"
the same collection of fields are generated ie ISBN, publisher, format, length etc.

the user can create as many "book" entries as they want with the data from each book grouped

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 weeks 1 day ago #339335 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Frontend generate field groups
You'll need CB Field Groups addon for that. First create all the fields the field group should contain. So your ISBN, publisher, format, length, etc.. fields. Next create a Field Group field and select those fields book related fields to be used in the field group. That should be all you need to do. They can now create repeating groups of fields using that field group field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ljenish
  • ljenish
2 weeks 23 hours ago #339339 by ljenish
Replied by ljenish on topic Frontend generate field groups
Brilliant - thank you so much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon