Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Required for PMing in Kunena?

• peltonla
  • peltonla
15 years 3 months ago #105457 by peltonla
CB Required for PMing in Kunena? was created by peltonla
Please forgive a newbie, I've been searching for an answer all day, here is my question:

I want to be able for my users to private message from within a Kunena forum (I installed Kunena 1.5.4_stable). I see that UddeIM 1.7 is highly recommended for PMing and works well with Kunena.

I downloaded uddeIM_1.7_unzip1st.zip and am not 100% sure what all I need to upload into Joomla, so far I have uploaded: com_uddiem.zip and mod_uddiem.zip

I have created a menu to access the component and I don't see any problems messaging through the website using the component. Now I want to set up the ability for a user to PM someone in Kunena - I think I need to upload cb_plug_pms_uddeim_profilelink.zip (I read the UddeIM FAQ) but I get the error "Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.") I've read the FAQ and the troubleshooting of that error doesn't seem to apply to this instance.

Do I have to install CB to get the PM functionality to work in Kunena? Should I be installing
cb_plug_pms_uddeim_profilelink.zip into CB?

I would hate to install CB just for the PM functionality but if I have to I can.

Thanks for any help -

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 3 months ago #105477 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:CB Required for PMing in Kunena?
cb_* plugins are for ude with the Community Builder only.

They are not required for uddeIM and do only extend CB functionality.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon