Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Need help with Parse error: syntax error

• Cean
  • Cean
14 years 10 months ago #117777 by Cean
Hello, B)

Here is the error that I get when trying to log in to my website:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /path/domain/html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_pmsuddeiminbox/pms.showinbox.php on line 1

The only solution I have come across in the forums is to uninstall which I have now done. Is that the only answer? I really like this component. Please help if you can... thanks ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 10 months ago #117793 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Need help with Parse error: syntax error
Something went wrong when you uploaded the file to your server. I bet that there is a zero length file in that folder.

Why do you want to use that cb plugin? It is not more than a demonstration how to write plugins for uddeIM (see README). It is not required at all.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• Cean
  • Cean
14 years 10 months ago #117794 by Cean
I just saw your reply, thanks for answering. I am new to Joomla, CB and UddeIM and so I am still learning about all of this.

I re-uploaded my entire site last night and got the same error this morning. Luckily after all my investigations last night I realised that it was just the "inbox tab" plugin that causing the prob which I have now removed. This bit I can live without. I'm not sure what I missed but nothing mentioned that this plugin was no good and shouldn't be installed. Well live and learn.

I am very pleased to discover that the rest of UddeIM is working fine as I like it a lot. :laugh:

Thanks again or your reply.

Post edited by: Cean, at: 2009/11/26 08:55

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 10 months ago #117795 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Need help with Parse error: syntax error
I think that you have the wrong permission rights for the plugin folder so you cannot install cb plugins.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon