uddeIM 2.0rc (release candidate) released

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 8 months ago #123662 by slabbi
What was going wrong?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• reddy
  • reddy
14 years 8 months ago #123715 by reddy
Nope. I just thought that I had. It seems to be working fine in Google Chrome and it works sometimes in IE and seems to not work at all in Firefox.

All three Yes radio buttons are checked in the Integration tab and I turned the Ajax off in the mod_uddeIM. I don't think there was a problem with the Ajax because it was working fine for me. I use Google Chrome for a browser and she is still on IE.

Are there any other settings that I should be checking??

HELP!!! :-) Bob Eddy

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 8 months ago #123716 by slabbi
Integration tab? mod_uddeim does not use or have such tab? It works fine in FF 2+ and IE 7+ (maybe 6, too), other browsers are untested but should work.

I do not really understand what your problem is, when you turn AJAX off there is no instant update (recommended to save db load).

There are also some tips in the FAQ for popup notifications.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• reddy
  • reddy
14 years 8 months ago #123717 by reddy
I'm sorry that I was very incomplete with my information before. My bad!!! I hope this is better!! :) Here is a copy of the post that I just did a bit ago!

I got it fixed! Thanks anyway!! This is really great and it is exactly what I was needing..

Nope. I just thought that I did.

The main messaging system is working perfect. The issue is with the Notifier. It seems to be working and popping up fine in Google Chrome. It is working for some people in IE but not others. It seems to be not be working at all in Firefox.

In the uddeIM Component Panel All three Yes radio buttons are checked in the Integration tab and I turned the Ajax off and on both, in the mod_uddeIM module. I don't think there was a problem with the Ajax because it was working fine for me turned on, but that was with me using Google Chrome. I use Google Chrome for a browser and the one gal that was helping me check it out is still on IE. I have since tried it with a friend that is computer and web savey and he tried all three browsers on his end. The Google Chrome popped up and worked perfect. For him the popup notifier didn't work on IE or Firefox either one. I am sure that I am just missing a setting someplace.

Any other settings that I should be checking??

Thanks again!! :) Bob

• kmilos
  • kmilos
14 years 8 months ago #123883 by kmilos
Bwoodson wrote:

RC2.0 won't install on my site. It's a fresh install of joomla 1.5.15

I have successfully installed Uddeim 1.9

When I attempt to install com_uddeim i get the red error that says there was something wrong with the install (wasn't really specific)

Just ran into the same upload error - my PHP setup has upload_max_filesize set to 2M, com_uddeim.zip for 2.0rc is 2.7M.

• joanie57
  • joanie57
14 years 6 months ago #128108 by joanie57
Replied by joanie57 on topic Re:uddeIM 2.0rc (release candidate) released
I am having the same problem as reddy. The notifier popup doesn't come up on Firefox, though it does come up in IE8. I believe I have everything set correctly.

On the Integration tab for the uddeIM component settings, all 3 radio buttons are set to "yes". In the uddeIM module, it is set for "Enable Popups" and "Do not use AJAX". I have the CB plugins installed and published (but have unpublished the original CB PM plugin). I have a menu item published for the uddeIM component.

I am using uddeIM 2.0, CB 1.2.2, and Joomla 1.5.15.

I use uddeIM on several sites (some Joomla 1.0, some 1.5, and various older versions of uddeIM from 1.6 to 2.0). The popup works on some sites, but not on others. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, or what I am doing differently on one site from another.

Please help! Thank you

Post edited by: joanie57, at: 2010/03/26 00:34

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon