Skip to Content Skip to Menu

uddeIM 2.0 (stable) released

14 years 3 months ago #137372 by FindingNemo
Replied by FindingNemo on topic Bug in uddeIM 2.0's Simplified Chinese File
Hi I tried out the uddeIM 2.0 and discovered a bug in 1 of the language files:

\administrator\components\com_uddeim\language(.utf8)\simplified_chinese.php, line 58 is missing a leading single quote "'". This caused the user profile not showing up.

Hope it helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 3 months ago #137379 by slabbi
FindingNemo wrote:

Hi I tried out the uddeIM 2.0 and discovered a bug in 1 of the language files:

\administrator\components\com_uddeim\language(.utf8)\simplified_chinese.php, line 58 is missing a leading single quote "'". This caused the user profile not showing up.

Thanks, for the bug report. Fixed in the trunk now.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• cxr003
  • cxr003
14 years 3 months ago #137432 by cxr003
Hello,

I would like to start by saying this is a great tool. I am really liking the way it is working thus far.

I have a rather large problem though... I need it to be possible to change the requirement for Administrator or Manager status in order to send a system message or create a restricted group. I am working on a rather large site (westforkband.com) that has to be designed in 1.5 as close to the way it will function in joomla 1.6 when it is released. Because of this, I had to implement NOIX ACL in order to make more user groups due to the intense menu and category requirements of the site. I need to be able to give the group "Staff" the ability to send system messages and create global/restricted groups. After that, I will have a perfect implementation of your component for our needs.

Thanks again for your software, and I hope to hear from you soon, as this is a live site, and I'm under a rather tight schedule.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 3 months ago #137471 by slabbi
Well, you could do following:

In uddeimlib15.php you will find functions like:

[code:1]function uddeIMisAdmin($my_gid) {
return in_array($my_gid,array(24,25));
}
function uddeIMisManager($my_gid) {
...and so on
[/code:1]

Add the group id of your "staff group" and it will have the same rights as an administrator in uddeIM.

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2010/07/10 09:57

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• cxr003
  • cxr003
14 years 3 months ago #137478 by cxr003
Thanks a ton!

That worked great, and now all of the "staff" can send system messages. So close to perfect...

Now that system messages can be sent, I can't send to the top level of a hierarchy and have all child groups get messages. They only go to the level I select. Is there an option I am missing for this?

Thanks again. I love this component!

• gorder
  • gorder
14 years 3 months ago #137797 by gorder
Replied by gorder on topic Re:uddeIM 2.0 (stable) released
Hi Slabbi,

Thank you for all your hard work and efforts. The documentation is great and I really have not had any problems. I do have one question though. I have 2.0RC installed and I would like to upgrade to 2.0. I noticed in the change-log there was really only one issue fixed from the RC to the GA, is there an easy way to upgrade? The read-me seems to describe upgrading from 1.x versions but does not mention this. Sorry if I missed something in the docs.

thanks,

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon