Skip to Content Skip to Menu

blank screen after changing language file

• Eberk89
  • Eberk89
14 years 6 months ago #129831 by Eberk89
Hi everybody
I wanted to change some words in the language file italian.php, in /administrator/components/com_uddeim/language.utf8 and/or /administrator/components/com_uddeim/language but after I changed both files with an absolute minor change, only a blank screen appears to me when loading anything concerning uddeIM (also mod_uddeIM).

This seemed very strange to me so I made some experiments deleting all language files: if I leave only the english one, everything is ok, but when I put the original italian file in the folder (a backup one), the page doesn't load!

I reinstalled the component and the plugin, and everything is running now, but I need those changes in the italian.php file!

somebody can help me?
thanks

PS: if I delete all the language files from the directories, everything runs correctly, and the _USUAL_LANGUAGE_FILES_STYLE appear... so, the component is not broken!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 6 months ago #129833 by slabbi
Maybe the access rights are not correct, so uddeIM has no access to the changed language file.

If nothing helps you could change the language file, add it to the package and reinstall the component.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• Eberk89
  • Eberk89
14 years 6 months ago #129888 by Eberk89
Replied by Eberk89 on topic Re:blank screen after changing language file
slabbi wrote:

Maybe the access rights are not correct, so uddeIM has no access to the changed language file.

Every language file, after the change, has the same permissions:
-rw-r--r--

If nothing helps you could change the language file, add it to the package and reinstall the component.

This is running for me, but is not really the solution (since every time I find an error I have to reinstall the component)...

thank you, anyway!

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon