Skip to Content Skip to Menu

uddeim message notifier display bug

13 years 10 months ago #148317 by IberoMedia
uddeim message notifier display bug was created by IberoMedia
Hello,

I installed uddeim and enabled a module for front end users. The module works fine some times. I have left the page opened, and gone to other pages or other browsers. Sometimes, when I get back to this page, the module displays a duplicate of the page itself (page where the module is displayed) in a vertical like iframe. I don't know how to describe the way it looks. I have attached a picture of part of the screen, because the iframe-like goes down a lot and I cannot reduce the image to make it fit. Below the module uddeim message notifier, I have the main menu component. After the module has gone weird on me, the main menu module is displayed way way down the page (user has to scroll down a lot). I have circled the module in red, the iframe like window in green, and added a green arrow at the bottom to highlight what I am trying to describe.

In the image, please look at the left side, and you will see an iframe like replicating the whole page itself: (Thank you)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 10 months ago #148324 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeim message notifier display bug
Very strange. Maybe it is a problem with a module that does not close opened tags properly, so the layout is destroyed.

When you see this picture you can email me the page source (ssl(at)gmx(dot)de) and I will have a look. I do not think that it is uddeIM because this error has been reported the first time.

You can also check the source using the W3 validator. It should also find errors in the page structure.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 10 months ago #148415 by slabbi
Well, checked your site and I saw the problem.

The problem is following:

You have enabled AJAX requests in uddeIM module, so uddeIM tries to request new messages with

[code:1] entremujeres.net/index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=ajaxGetNewMessages&no_html=1 [/code:1]

When you are logged in and enter this URL you should see "0" or the number of new messages.

I do not know why but it seems that maybe a SEF component modifies the request URL in a way so that it is not longer recognizes by uddeIM and the complete layout is returned (this is why the module thinks that there are messages and shows a blinking envelope).

I suggest that you either try to find the (in my opinion) SEF related bug or you disable AJAX in uddeIM module.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 10 months ago #148416 by slabbi
You could also try following:

Open mod_uddeim.php and change following lines (~line 220):

[code:1] if (class_exists('JHTML')) {
$udd_completeURL = uddeIMsefRelToAbs("index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=ajaxGetNewMessages&no_html=1"«»);
} else {
$udd_completeURL = uddeIMsefRelToAbs("index2.php?option=com_uddeim&task=ajaxGetNewMessages&no_html=1"«»);
}[/code:1]

to

$udd_completeURL = "index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=ajaxGetNewMessages&no_html=1";
} else {
$udd_completeURL = "index2.php?option=com_uddeim&task=ajaxGetNewMessages&no_html=1";

This removes SEF support in the module which basically is not really required there.

If this still does not work (because of SEF) you can also try this (do only use this when above solution does not work):

$udd_completeURL = uddeIMgetPath("live_site"«»)."/index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=ajaxGetNewMessages&no_html=1";
} else {
$udd_completeURL = uddeIMgetPath("live_site"«»)."/index2.php?option=com_uddeim&task=ajaxGetNewMessages&no_html=1";

Please give feedback.

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2010/12/11 11:01

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon