Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Return message to moderators blocked?

• adamtest
  • adamtest
13 years 1 month ago #177216 by adamtest
Return message to moderators blocked? was created by adamtest
I checked the FAQs and the forums to the best of my ability and I don't think this has been covered and it is key to my website's functionality, so...

I have a group of moderators that the registered users are not allowed to send messages to (they are blocked). However, when a moderator sends one of the registered a PM, the registered is then not able to respond because the moderator is of course part of the blocked group.

Is there a workaround to allow responses to the moderators initial messages? This would seem to be a pretty common setup for sites. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 1 month ago #177222 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: Return message to moderators blocked?
I am sorry, there is currently no workaround for that.

It might be possible to add this feature since uddeIM already saves the id of the original message (replyid). A reliable implementation has to check if the sender of the original message is identical to the recipient of the replied message. A not so reliable implementation could allow replies in general. Both implementation will require several changes which may break functionality (e.g. autoresponder, autoforward etc.).

Please create a feature request on the tracker on Joomlacode. I will check if this feature can be added in future versions.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• adamtest
  • adamtest
13 years 1 month ago #177229 by adamtest
Replied by adamtest on topic Re: Return message to moderators blocked?
Thanks for the quick reply.

It would be a great feature, as I think like I said a lot of people could utilize it (and quickly!). Where exactly should I request this on joomlacode?

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon