Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Stuck - Unsuccessful Migration

• cslane
  • cslane
12 years 7 months ago #192437 by cslane
Stuck - Unsuccessful Migration was created by cslane
Trying to set up Joomla 2.5.1. The the jos_ tables from 1.5.25 didn't migrate, so I recreated them with the j17_ prefix. But I seemingly can't reinstall uddeIm 2.6 because it says I have a conflict with an alias in the Root Menu. The component directory actually creates, but uddeIm doesn't show on my list of components.

I've removed everything pertaining to com_profile from the main menu and user menu to no avail. CB Plugins install fine. Maybe I'm just not clear on Menus for J2.5 yet and what I must do. Anyone have a suggestion?

Craig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 7 months ago #192438 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: Stuck - Unsuccessful Migration
Maybe you have this problem:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/25-uddeim-plugin-and-component/157512-solved-j16--17--25-non-created-admin-menus

Have you installed the correct package (_j16)?

When you use a fresh install of Joomla 2.5 you cannot migrate user data since the user IDs have changed. When you have updated from Joomla 1.6 or 1.7 there is nothing to do.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• cslane
  • cslane
12 years 7 months ago #192442 by cslane
Replied by cslane on topic Re: Stuck - Unsuccessful Migration
What I did was install the 2.6 package first on my Joomla 1.5 site (which worked fine, it seems), then I migrated using Jupgrade.

OK, so supposing the article you pointed me to is right and that is indeed the problem I have, should I remove all uddeim tables from my database and then try uddeim 1.6? Is that what you are saying? Since the uddeim component doesn't show on my list of components, I can't uninstall it in the tradition way.

• cslane
  • cslane
12 years 7 months ago #192446 by cslane
Replied by cslane on topic Re: Stuck - Unsuccessful Migration
I went ahead with the _j16 installation and then recreated my database tables. That seems to have gotten me unstuck. Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon