Skip to Content Skip to Menu

install: SQL error

• cbrace
  • cbrace
12 years 5 months ago #199207 by cbrace
install: SQL error was created by cbrace
Hello,

I am in the process of upgrading my site from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5. I've created a temporary 2.5 site and am doing fresh installs of all the extensions we use. Install uddePM 1.7, the installer is returning this error message:

SQL error when attempting to save a messageDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'db035110_joomla.jos_uddeim' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO jos_uddeim (fromid, toid, toread, message, datum, systemflag, disablereply, systemmessage, totrashoutbox, totrashdateoutbox) VALUES (42, 42, 0, 'Welcome to uddeIM! You have succesfully installed uddeIM. Try viewing this message with different templates. You can set them in the administration backend of uddeIM. uddeIM is a project in development. If you find bugs or weaknesses, please write them to me so that we can make uddeIM better together. Good luck and have fun!', 1335866622, 1, 1, 'uddeIM', 1, 1335866622)
SQL =
INSERT INTO #__uddeim (fromid, toid, toread, message, datum, systemflag, disablereply, systemmessage, totrashoutbox, totrashdateoutbox) VALUES (42, 42, 0, 'Welcome to uddeIM!

You have succesfully installed uddeIM.

Try viewing this message with different templates. You can set them in the administration backend of uddeIM.

uddeIM is a project in development. If you find bugs or weaknesses, please write them to me so that we can make uddeIM better together.

Good luck and have fun!', 1335866622, 1, 1, 'uddeIM', 1, 1335866622)

The above is not displayed in a "joomla" page but is plain text onscreen.

Any idea what is going wrong here?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 5 months ago #199208 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: install: SQL error
You have installed the package for Joomla 1.0/1.5. Please use the package for Joomla 1.6+.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• cbrace
  • cbrace
12 years 5 months ago #199211 by cbrace
Replied by cbrace on topic Re: install: SQL error
Ah yes, sorry for the stupid question. :blush:

Alas, I am seeing this error message:

Another menu item with the same parent has this alias
Error building Admin Menus

I've just spent some time Googling this. there is a message thread here on problem, and this message seems to point to a solution. I opened phpMyAdmin, but I don't see any uddeIM tables. Any idea what could be going wrong here?

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 5 months ago #199214 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: install: SQL error
Since you have tried to install the wrong package you are getting this error (Joomla has not created uddeIM's tables but has created the menu links incompletely).

Follow the instructions in order to repair the two Joomla(!) tables and reinstall uddeIM with the correct package.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• cbrace
  • cbrace
12 years 5 months ago #199223 by cbrace
Replied by cbrace on topic Re: install: SQL error
Fixed. Now installed. Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon