Skip to Content Skip to Menu

userlist problems/Query

11 years 11 months ago #213383 by stevehutton
userlist problems/Query was created by stevehutton
2 things:

1. How do I get my userlist to display the full name of my members, at the moment, it just displays username? As some users have gven themselves strange usernames, they will not be able to identify each other to send messages.

2. When I go onto the mailbox screen (im using joomla 2.5.7)from my menu option , click compose, then i click on show users hyperlink (on the right), i then get 'userlist' displayed with a blank drop down box, i then click on the arrow to show the users and they are displayed. How can I just click on 'Show Users' and have the list displayed straight away, or even have the User List displayed problem initially instead of being presented with a blank drop down (as show in attachment)?

thanks
Steve
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
11 years 11 months ago #213402 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: userlist problems/Query
1. There is a switch in uddeIM backend that switches between realname and username.

2. The blank drop down allows to select one or more users. When you have enabled multiple recipients, you can select one after another using this drop down.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

11 years 11 months ago #213404 by stevehutton
Replied by stevehutton on topic Re: userlist problems/Query
thanks for replying, but where is the setting for the Switch in the backend exactly i.e. uddeim admin (attached)? Which tab and field is it exactly?

I'm on joomla 2.5.7 and latest uddeim, and I dont have CB installed.

thanks
Steve

Attachments:

11 years 11 months ago #213423 by stevehutton
Replied by stevehutton on topic Re: userlist problems/Query
can't believe it - the answer was staring at me all the time, even in the screen shot I attached above - "Show Realnames " on the Messages tab of the Uddeim Admin. Set this to either username or realname. Perfect !

uddeIM rocks !

Thanks ,

Steve

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon