Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to define Width of Message Box ?

• Onkel Tom
  • Onkel Tom
11 years 11 months ago #214472 by Onkel Tom
How to define Width of Message Box ? was created by Onkel Tom
Hello,
i have installed uddeIM on a completely new system (Joomla! 2.5.8, Rocketlauncher from Rockettheme with Template Metropolis). Community Builder is Version 1.9. UddeIM Version is 2.8 stable.

I would like to display the Message Box for typing private Messages directly below the Contact details of a user. I do this with the plugin "Private Messaging System (uddeIM PMS)". Now i would like to define the width of this box, because it is a bit small at the moment. In the Backend of UddeIM some parameters, but they dont affect the plugin. In the Plugin itselt i also found a parameter for defining the width, but this doesnt take effect at all. I also looke around for an entry in a css file, but couldt find it.

So any help for this issue is appreciated.

BTW: The Profile Link doesnt work any more. Up to Version 1.8 of CB the profile link opened uddeim component with the address of the contact already specified, as it was just taken over from the users profile. Now with CB 1.9 this doesnt work any more. uddeim component is only opend without taking over the adress of the contact.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
11 years 11 months ago #214498 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: How to define Width of Message Box ?
For the BTW question, please make sure that you have downloaded the final CB version 1.9 of (creation date is 2011-11-05). In case of doubt, re-download and install over. That version works around a SEF bug of Joomla.

If that doesn't work, try turning SEF off (was it ON ?)

For the other styling issue, Firebug is your best friend to find if your site template doesn't override the UddeIm settings.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon