Skip to Content Skip to Menu

DB function failed with error number 2006

• syears
  • syears
16 years 3 months ago #67941 by syears
Help! I am using uddeIM 1.0/2007-02-01 with Joomla 1.0.15 on MySQL 4.1.22 and PHP 5.2.5.

One of my users is receiving this error every time he tries to access his inbox:

SQL error DB function failed with error number 2006
MySQL server has gone away SQL=INSERT INTO jos_uddeim_emn (status, popup, userid) VALUES (1, 0, 140)
SQL =
INSERT INTO jos_uddeim_emn (status, popup, userid) VALUES (1, 0, 140)

Any suggestions? It seems to be localized to one user, except this user is the main client!

Thanks!

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 3 months ago #67942 by slabbi
Don't think so that "he gets this every time".

It looks like a temporary problem with your SQL server.

Asking Google gives:
www.josephburford.com/2008/06/joomla-error-number-2006-mysql-server-has-gone-away/

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• syears
  • syears
16 years 3 months ago #67951 by syears
Hi slabbi,

Thanks for the quick reply. This timeout error seems to occur every time this user tries to access their inbox. It has been happening now for over 24 hours. I have tried accessing his account from multiple client machines on multiple networks.

Regarding the link you sent, I did include "max_execution_time = 60" in my PHP.ini file and it did not fix the problem (I even increased the value to 300 and it did not help).

Regarding changing the "wait_timeout" and "connect_timeout" variable - currently set at "30" and "20" respectively - I can not change these unfortunately because I am using a shared hosting account from GoDaddy.com.

I looked at this user's records in the jos_uddemim table and they appear to have only 153 records, so it isn't really that big.

I don't understand why this is affecting only one of my users.

Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon