Skip to Content Skip to Menu

no autocomplete

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 10 months ago #82022 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:no autocomplete
I don't think that this will be so easy. When the other module uses the same MooTools library you could try to disable loading of MooTools in uddeIM.

Or you can add MooTools files to your template, so it is always loaded and disable in it uddeIM and the other module.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #82125 by paddylatino
Replied by paddylatino on topic Re:no autocomplete
thanks!

It turns out that the mootools that uddeim uses (1.1 or 1.2) is not compatible with the mootools that the other module (kwick sliding menu) uses. In addition, the mootools that kwick uses is encrypted, so I can't edit it to find a way to make it compatible

From reading other forums I think a function jQuery is at the root of all this conflict, but Firebug isn't throwing up javascript errors...

anyway, I'll find a way, the uddeim stuff is too good to lose

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 10 months ago #82127 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:no autocomplete
There are two branches of MooTools available 1.1 and 1.2. Even when 1.2 offers a "compatibility layer" it is only 90% compatible to MooTools 1.1.

It is also not possible to load 1.1 and 1.2 since both libraries use the same function names.

So when you have two apps, one uses 1.1 and another one 1.2, it might be possible to load 1.2 with compatibility layer (once).

Nevertheless when having two apps and both require MooTools, you are only allowed to load MooTools once(!).

My suggestion is to load MooTools 1.1 in your template and disable loading in both components. Doing that you have to switch off MooTools loading in uddeIM (when it is switched off uddeIM assumes that MooTools 1.1 is used).

Btw: The library is not encrypted, it is compressed.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon