Skip to Content Skip to Menu

SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1054

• marsares
  • marsares
15 years 9 months ago #83315 by marsares
Hi,

I've installed uddeIM as on my forums and website it was recommended as the PMS systems for Joomla. Installing it was plain sailing, configured it, set the different mods up, and thought it all was working until I sent a test message to a user.

That's when I'm getting the following message:

[code:1]SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'autoresponder' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO jos_uddeim_emn (status, popup, public, autoresponder, autoforward, autoforwardid, userid) VALUES (0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 62)
SQL =
INSERT INTO jos_uddeim_emn (status, popup, public, autoresponder, autoforward, autoforwardid, userid) VALUES (0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 62)[/code:1]

Been looking on the forum for any solutions, and found that it may have to do with adding or changing database tables or fields although that only seems to apply when you have installed uddeIM earlier, and this is a fresh install. Even if that would be the problem, I'm not sure what is meant with this and how this can be dealt with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm fumbling about in the dark at the moment so to speak. Thank you!

I'm using the latest versions of Joomla, CB, Fireboard and uddeIM. Any help would be appreciated as I'm fumbling about in the dark at the moment so to speak.

Post edited by: marsares, at: 2008/12/24 18:37
Read your FAQ once more and again it refers to it being an upgrade issue. I'll try to figure out how to do myphp on my server and let you know what the outcome is.

Post edited by: marsares, at: 2008/12/24 18:48

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• marsares
  • marsares
15 years 9 months ago #83319 by marsares
Just to update you all... used the phpMyAdmin and the instructions in the readme file and it works. Still not sure why, as it was a fresh install, but perhaps it's because I used a commercial template with CB and FB pre-installed that I had to do this. Thanks for the readme and FAQ though, was of enormous help!

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 9 months ago #83320 by slabbi
My pleasure ;)

When uddeIM has never been installed before this error should not appear (=fresh install).

Deinstalling and reinstalling is not a fresh install since uddeIM does not delete existing database tables in order to keep old messages. This process requires (sometimes) adding some fields in uddeIM's database tables.

Nice to hear that the FAQ was helpful ;)

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• marsares
  • marsares
15 years 9 months ago #83326 by marsares
Yes, the FAQ has been a godsend! I've just been going through it bit by bit to find in detail what else I can do with uddeIM. Been really impressed with it so far, and the forum users seem to love it.

The popup mail notification is a nice feature as well.

Keep up the good work and thanks for this amazing program.

+1 good karma! Oh you'll be coming back in your next life as a buddha!

Post edited by: marsares, at: 2008/12/24 23:10

• gdon
  • gdon
15 years 9 months ago #83914 by gdon
slabbi wrote:

My pleasure ;)

When uddeIM has never been installed before this error should not appear (=fresh install).

Deinstalling and reinstalling is not a fresh install since uddeIM does not delete existing database tables in order to keep old messages. This process requires (sometimes) adding some fields in uddeIM's database tables.

Nice to hear that the FAQ was helpful ;)

heres step 3 on the readme

3. After upgrading uddeIM, update your database tables (go to phpMyAdmin and enter following
SQL statements in the SQL box, this will create the missing fields).

When you upgrade 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4 to 1.5:

ALTER TABLE `jos_uddeim_emn` ADD `autoresponder` INT( 1 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;
ALTER TABLE `jos_uddeim_emn` ADD `autorespondertext` TEXT NOT NULL ;
ALTER TABLE `jos_uddeim_emn` ADD `autoforward` INT( 1 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;
ALTER TABLE `jos_uddeim_emn` ADD `autoforwardid` INT( 1 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;
ALTER TABLE `jos_uddeim` ADD `replyid` INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;
ALTER TABLE `jos_uddeim` ADD INDEX `replyid` ( `replyid` );

but
how do you add the relevent fields in sql anyone help

Post edited by: gdon, at: 2009/01/02 18:08

• gdon
  • gdon
15 years 9 months ago #83919 by gdon

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon