Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Fresh Install Prob.

• jupeto
  • jupeto
15 years 6 months ago #93919 by jupeto
Fresh Install Prob. was created by jupeto
I've downloaded 1.7 and installed successfully (Really Fresh Installed), however, I got a red text says "Important: You have not updated your database! Please refer to the README how to update uddeIM correctly!"

So my question is, what's the sql querries should I update in the options provided in the readme file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 6 months ago #93921 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Fresh Install Prob.
What do you mean with a "fresh install"? When you had installed an earlier version before, uninstalled that and re-installed the new version, then it is not a "fresh install" and you have to check the README file.

To make a fresh install you have to drop also all uddeIM tables.

I really like this red error text. Without that your question would be "uddeIM gives me an SQL error: field 'xy' not found" which was asked hundreds of times before when people did not check the README file.

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2009/04/06 09:06

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• jupeto
  • jupeto
15 years 6 months ago #93923 by jupeto
Replied by jupeto on topic Re:Fresh Install Prob.
Oh... sorry to confuse you with the fresh install. I had no previous installed UDDEIM component. Just donwloaded the component and installed it like about 4 hours ago, and got no clue how to solve the problem by myself so I went here for some support.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 6 months ago #93996 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Fresh Install Prob.
uddeIM checks if following DB fields exist:

table __uddeim_userlists
field "global"

table __uddeim_spam
filed "mid"

table __uddeim_emn
field "locked"

When one of these fields is missing you will see the message. Can you check which field is missing?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• jupeto
  • jupeto
15 years 6 months ago #94007 by jupeto
Replied by jupeto on topic Re:Fresh Install Prob.
It's ok now, what I did is a long way installing a new joomla site and it goes well, so what I did in my real joomla site was, uninstall the UDDEIM component and it's related features(plugin, modules), backup the whole site, export the tables in myPHPAdmin and saved in my desktop, edit it and take out the uddeim tables. after all the task was done.

I've cleaned the jos database, drop all tables. Then imported back the old tables without the UDDEIM tables, and my site went back to normal. Installed the UDDEIM package then voila component successfully configured and everything went ok.

Do you have any idea how all of this happened? Is it normal? Well I checked the script with all of the tables imported in the database and it's all there before I do the task I've said above.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon