Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Redirect issue for page with access level register

13 years 5 months ago #164201 by msargenttrue
I have a link on my Joomla / Community Builder / CB Subs website that takes a user to a protected page with Access Level: registered. When the user is logged in and clicks the link it works as expected. However if the user never logged in to begin with and clicks the link then the user gets redirected to the CB registration page ( index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers ) with a message on the top that states "You must log in first" This behavior has been confusing to a few of our users that have already signed up for Annual Membership and are seeing the registration form yet again (And probably overlooking that small message).

To see this problem in action you can check out this page: www.ctaspa.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=5 and click on the "I am a member of CASPA" link in the Register box

I would like to change the redirect page from the Registration page to the Login page ( index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login ) but I cannot find where to make this change.

I did search through the forums and found this post:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/88-usage/158809-solved-log-in-redirect-issues-with-cbpaidsubsbot#158809

Where krileon says: Access denied pages will send users to CBs registration. The CBSubs bot and CBSubs together perform these redirects; as far as I am aware you can't disable them. The only approach am aware of to have login at this end result is to enable login display of login on registration page, sorry.

Which is the response that I might get to this post.
-
There has to be some place in the system where this link is hard-coded. If there isn't an elegant fix for this would there be a hack in order to override this behavior?

Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jsrunder
  • jsrunder
13 years 1 week ago #179292 by jsrunder
Bump.

Exactly what I seek as well.

When a link is clicked to a page which requires a level of login access, and the user is not logged in, the site redirects to the tabbed registration.

We have three plans, cannot use the tabbed registration because of triggers, etc.

Advise? Thanks.

• kbotnen
  • kbotnen
12 years 5 months ago #199969 by kbotnen
Hi,

Any luck with this one? I need to get redirected to the login page (or other page that I can define myself) too.

-K-

Moderators: beatnantkrileon