Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Adding an Approval Link in Admin Approval Email

• Tbush11
  • Tbush11
12 years 7 months ago #193626 by Tbush11
Hi, the standard Joomla function to allow the Administrator to approve all new users was configured to include a link to the administrator that they could click to approve in one step. Can this be done in Community Builder 1.8?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 7 months ago #193627 by nant

Tbush11 wrote: Hi, the standard Joomla function to allow the Administrator to approve all new users was configured to include a link to the administrator that they could click to approve in one step. Can this be done in Community Builder 1.8?

CB has such a feature - even for frontend approvals by CB moderators using the CB Workflow module.

• Tbush11
  • Tbush11
12 years 7 months ago #193629 by Tbush11
Thanks Nick! I have loaded the Moderator module but can not see the WorkFlow module. Is it separate or is it a feature for users above the free level?

Thanks again,

Tim

• nant
  • nant
12 years 7 months ago #193634 by nant

Tbush11 wrote: Thanks Nick! I have loaded the Moderator module but can not see the WorkFlow module. Is it separate or is it a feature for users above the free level?

Thanks again,

Tim

The moderator module is the workflow module.

Please study the installation guide.

• Tbush11
  • Tbush11
12 years 7 months ago #193636 by Tbush11
Let me try again, I do see that the CB_Workflows module is installed and enabled on the site (Joomla 2.5, CB 1.8). I want to add a menu item to the front end so that moderators can approve new users. Will comProfiler User List allow a Moderator to make these approvals. The docs don't really say anything about this.

Thanks for the patience,

Tim

• nant
  • nant
12 years 7 months ago #193637 by nant

Tbush11 wrote: Let me try again, I do see that the CB_Workflows module is installed and enabled on the site (Joomla 2.5, CB 1.8). I want to add a menu item to the front end so that moderators can approve new users. Will comProfiler User List allow a Moderator to make these approvals. The docs don't really say anything about this.

Thanks for the patience,

Tim

You can visit CB Configuration and configure the workflow to email confirmation and admin approval.

Once done, then CB Moderators will see in frontend workflow module users that need approval.

You can also configure CB Moderators in CB Configuration area.

Please spend some time experimenting, its not difficult.

Further documentation, more add-ons and better response time is available if you need:

www.jooomlapolis.com/memberships

Moderators: beatnantkrileon