Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Workflows by User Group

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #198868 by generationx
Workflows by User Group was created by generationx
I have a Joomla 2.5.4 site, with Community Builder 1.8 installed. I'm seeking clarification in the membership level and add-ons required to achieve the following, if it is possible with Community Builder:

Currently users can purchase access (offline via invoice) to specific areas of the site on a company (user group) basis. This is achieved by creating categories in Joomla containing the relevant articles, access to which is controlled by setting up Groups with Access Level to these categories.

My client now wishes to provide the following additional functionality and I need to know which add-ons can provide this as descibed:

1. A member of User Group XYZ Company - Manager can issue invites to their own company employees for them to register. This can be achieved by issuing an email containing a link to the Registration page (possibly containing a hidden field assigning users to a specific user group?) When registered they are automatically assigned to the User Group XYZ Company - User, requiring approval by XYZ Company - Manager

2. When XYZ Company - Manager logs in at the front end he sees the CB Workflows for User Group XYZ Company - User only.

3. Some user companies have multiple worldwide offices. XYZ Company New York - Manager will be able to issue invites to employees of the New York branch which they will be able to approve in Workflows. I presume I can achieve this by setting up a child group in Joomla User Groups.

4. Ideally the invite procedure would be achieved using CB, but the link to the specific registration page could be embedded in an email sent to invitees if necessary.

I anticipate that this will need me to purchase the Professional Level membership, but just wanted to check that this can be achieved before doing so.

I also need to use CB Subs to provide paid access additional User Groups. However, these user groups will not require the above functionality.

Many thanks.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by generationx. Reason: Spelling mistake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 5 months ago #198968 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Workflows by User Group

generationx wrote: I have a Joomla 2.5.4 site, with Community Builder 1.8 installed. I'm seeking clarification in the membership level and add-ons required to achieve the following, if it is possible with Community Builder:

Will try and address as much as possible - next time please post in presales forum area as I could have missed this forum post here.

Currently users can purchase access (offline via invoice) to specific areas of the site on a company (user group) basis. This is achieved by creating categories in Joomla containing the relevant articles, access to which is controlled by setting up Groups with Access Level to these categories.

ok

My client now wishes to provide the following additional functionality and I need to know which add-ons can provide this as descibed:

1. A member of User Group XYZ Company - Manager can issue invites to their own company employees for them to register. This can be achieved by issuing an email containing a link to the Registration page (possibly containing a hidden field assigning users to a specific user group?) When registered they are automatically assigned to the User Group XYZ Company - User, requiring approval by XYZ Company - Manager

You can use the CB Invites plugin (Professional membership) to allow your members to send invitations. I believe you can also use CBSubs to just allow specific subscribers (e.g., company manager subscribers) to initiate invitations.

Thinking you can use CB Auto Actions plugin (also Professional membership) to automatically add such invited users to the appropriate group.

2. When XYZ Company - Manager logs in at the front end he sees the CB Workflows for User Group XYZ Company - User only.

This is not currently possible without modifying code in CB.
Not sure why you need this.

3. Some user companies have multiple worldwide offices. XYZ Company New York - Manager will be able to issue invites to employees of the New York branch which they will be able to approve in Workflows. I presume I can achieve this by setting up a child group in Joomla User Groups.

No idea.

4. Ideally the invite procedure would be achieved using CB, but the link to the specific registration page could be embedded in an email sent to invitees if necessary.

There is a single registration page. Why do you need separate ones?

I anticipate that this will need me to purchase the Professional Level membership, but just wanted to check that this can be achieved before doing so.

I also need to use CB Subs to provide paid access additional User Groups. However, these user groups will not require the above functionality.

Many thanks.

As indicated Professional membership will give you some tools you can work with and great support also, but there might be some aspects of your user case that need more than is out of the box available.

12 years 5 months ago #198974 by generationx
Replied by generationx on topic Re: Workflows by User Group
Thanks for your reply. Sorry to be in the wrong forum. Please feel free to move this to the Pre-sales if appropriate.

Just to clarify

Item 2: My client wishes their user managers to have front end access to moderate registrations, which is what makes Community Builder Workflows an attractive solution. However, they do not want managers in Company A to see workflow actions for Company B.

Is there possibly another way of achieving this that I may not be aware of - (perhaps using CBSubs)? Alternatively I am not averse to modifying code if this is the only way to achieve this, as this is the dealbreaker for my client.

Item 4: Upon registering users need to be assigned automatically to the user group for their company. Offering a dropdown for company field would allow users to see which of their competitors are using this system, whilst a free text field will return too great a variety of responses. Is there a way around this?

Thanks again.

Simon

• nant
  • nant
12 years 5 months ago #198993 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Workflows by User Group

generationx wrote: Thanks for your reply. Sorry to be in the wrong forum. Please feel free to move this to the Pre-sales if appropriate.

Just to clarify

Item 2: My client wishes their user managers to have front end access to moderate registrations, which is what makes Community Builder Workflows an attractive solution. However, they do not want managers in Company A to see workflow actions for Company B.

No such feature exists in CB. The CB workflow module was designed to show all pending moderation events for all CB Moderators.

You would have to make changes to alter this behavior.

Is there possibly another way of achieving this that I may not be aware of - (perhaps using CBSubs)? Alternatively I am not averse to modifying code if this is the only way to achieve this, as this is the dealbreaker for my client.

Cannot really think of anything clean.

Item 4: Upon registering users need to be assigned automatically to the user group for their company. Offering a dropdown for company field would allow users to see which of their competitors are using this system, whilst a free text field will return too great a variety of responses. Is there a way around this?

Thanks again.

Simon

How do they specify their company?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon