Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Member Login

12 years 4 months ago #201602 by
Member Login was created by
I have an area of my website that only registered users can view, called "Member Area". If you click the link for that "Member Area" page and you are not logged in you are brought to the joomla core log in (component/users/?view=login). I would like it to bring you to the community builder login page page by default, if you are not logged in and if you are already logged in you would see the "Member Area".

Help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• citydan
  • citydan
12 years 2 months ago #206332 by citydan
Replied by citydan on topic Re: Member Login
I have a similar issue whereby a user whose session has timed out clicks a page and is redirected to /component/users/?view=login with the message "Please login first".

This page asks them for their User Name and Password, but I have CB set up to only allow people to login with their Email Address & Password. (CB>>CB Configuration Manager>>General>>Login field type = Email)

The login still works, IF they know what their User Name is, but how can I get this page to ask them for their email address OR redirect to a CB login page?

- There are no core Joomla login modules in my site.
- CB Login Module is published to almost every page (my sign-up funnel doesn't have it on)
- There are no Joomla core Redirects that include 'login' or 'users' that would mess with this.

Joomla 2.5.6
CB 1.8.1

• citydan
  • citydan
12 years 2 months ago #206333 by citydan

• citydan
  • citydan
12 years 2 months ago #206379 by citydan
Replied by citydan on topic Re: Member Login
I have installed the CB redirect plugin and it works for redirecting calls to the core joomla login page to the CB login page.

However, when I set a login redirect in the CB login module, for example to send a user to /profile when they login, this does not apply to the cb login page. They are just redirected to the index page.

Not a killer issue, but would be nice to have some advice here. Is there a way to make the login page use the same login redirect as the login module?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon