Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Rights Management

• chtrede
  • chtrede
11 years 11 months ago #213561 by chtrede
Rights Management was created by chtrede
Hi there,

I am pretty new to CB. Spend some hours with it yesterday, however, can still not figure out how to proceed in the right way.

Let me describe what I want to achieve, and maybe somebody can tell me (a) if it is possible at all with CB and maybe (b) how to proceed! Thanks in advance anyway!

1) I will need three different registered user groups (let's name them "Student", "Trainer", "Company")

2) During registration everyone should be able to chose its user group (e.g. a student should chose "Student") - this must later NOT be changeable.

3) The users should have different rights after login, i.e. the "job section" should only be visible and accessible to students and companies (as they are placing jobs), but not to "trainers" etc

Thanks so much for your support in advance!

Cheers
Christian

P.S. What I tried to far is to set up new access levels/user groups just to see how I can e.g. disable a menu from one of the groups. However, this already does not work, as if I am giving only the User Group "Students" and "Registered") access to the "Student Menu" (after login), it is for some odd reason still showing up with other user groups and all static article pages end up in a 404 error!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon