Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Users can't see other user groups

• itsjeff
  • itsjeff
11 years 11 months ago #214092 by itsjeff
Users can't see other user groups was created by itsjeff
This might be easier to explain with screenshots. I have set up user groups with a hierarchy. It breaks down to have 2 main user types, members and sponsors. From there, subsets of each have more privileges. See below:

Some of the members are board members, who are limited admins that need permission to use back-end features of Joomla and CB, including creation and management of user accounts.

This seems to be working fine with the Joomla User management, a member - admin can see and edit all users. (see 2nd image below)

In CB, however, none of the users in the sponsor group are shown in the user list. Or maybe more accurately, only users in the user's parent group seem to be visible. I can't figure out where or how to adjust permissions to allow for them to be included and manageable.

Since they are both subsets of the 'Registered' user group, maybe I can target that, but I still can't work out where I'm supposed to change a setting and what to change it to. Logic tells me it's something within CB since the Joomla aspects are cooperating. Any help would be great!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• itsjeff
  • itsjeff
11 years 9 months ago #217489 by itsjeff
Replied by itsjeff on topic Re: Users can't see other user groups
Still looking for a solution to this issue. I keep having to manage new accounts on behalf of my client.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon