Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Reinstall / update error

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #214737 by Johnysnake
Reinstall / update error was created by Johnysnake
I´ve tried to update CB, but i got a error.

Warning: file <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/pluginsfiles.tgz still exists. This is probably due to the fact that first installation step did not complete, or second installation step did not take place. If you are sure that first step has been performed, you need to execute second installation step before using CB. You can do this now by clicking here: please click here to continue next and last installation step.

After this i get:

Installer - Error
Copying plugin files failed with error: Failed to copy file: <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/tmp/install_50a453d065c38/user/plug_cbmenu/cb.menu.xml to <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>stefajs93/domains/madwebs.eu/public_html/Xforum/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbmenu/cb.menu.xml

I already had 1.9 but thought it might have been updated. So i redownloaded and tried to reinstall (without uninstalling, being affraid to lose the current settings and stuff.)

What can i do to fix it? Uninstall CB then reinstall? And will it fix the issue i had with not being able to upload avatar images. And will i lose my settings then?
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Johnysnake.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #214738 by Johnysnake
Replied by Johnysnake on topic Re: Reinstall / update error
Ok, fixed this issue, but uninstalling comprofiler and reinstalling it.

Feel free to lock this thread.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Johnysnake.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon