Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Automatic import and user creation from .xls file

11 years 8 months ago #220051 by zoiviviana
Hello everybody,

I installed CB PRO on my Joomla 2.5.6 website.

What I need to do now is to import a long list of people to sign up. I'm going to adjust the file fields for importation if necessary.
By searching JoomlaPolis I came across this CBJuice component that I thought would do the job, so I downloaded and installed it.
I figured out it does import users from list-files (csv format only but it's no matter because I can conver my .xls to .csv) but they must be pre-existing users, with their own usernames and passwords.
By the way the list of users that I'm going to import is made up of real names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, Fax numbers, ZIP code, city, website, description and alike. As you can see I have no pre-existing usernames or passwords to import. Is there any way I can have CB generate them automatically?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #220491 by zoiviviana
Replied by zoiviviana on topic Automatic import and user creation from .xls file
A little UP :side:

• esnoke
  • esnoke
11 years 7 months ago #221633 by esnoke
I have used CB Juice and it is great! When I imported users I set their email as their username and gave them all the same password (but of course didn't tell anyone) - something like site123. Then in the welcome email I included directions for logging in and changing both of these fields. It worked great and I have had no complaints. Hope this helps.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 7 months ago #221698 by nant

zoiviviana wrote: A little UP :side:

Yup CB Juice is what you should look at.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon