Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Using Joomla and CB login together

• josette
  • josette
11 years 6 months ago #224164 by josette
Using Joomla and CB login together was created by josette
Hello

Is it ok to use both the Joomla login and the CB login together on the same site. I want standard registered users to have a straight forward registration and business users to have an extended registration. So, without purchasing CB Subs, can I have both operating together without concern?

Many thanks

Josette

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 6 months ago #224168 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Using Joomla and CB login together

josette wrote: Hello

Is it ok to use both the Joomla login and the CB login together on the same site. I want standard registered users to have a straight forward registration and business users to have an extended registration. So, without purchasing CB Subs, can I have both operating together without concern?

Many thanks

Josette

Nope - when you have CB installed you always need to use the CB Login module and the CB registration process.

With CBSubs you can configure different membership types to show different fields in the registration process.

• stimpy
  • stimpy
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #225544 by stimpy
Replied by stimpy on topic Using Joomla and CB login together
I have the same question. Looks like CB Subs might be the answer. Some questions remain:

- Is CB Subs integrated with Joomla 2.5/3 user access levels?
- Can I create multiple free useraccounts
- Can I set the 'basic' registered user account so that one can register and access the site, without admin approval and the 'advanced' registration that needs admin approval before the account is activated (even if a user had a the basic registration before)
- Can I have basic regsitration in combination with Facebook or Twitter signup?
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by stimpy.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 6 months ago #225615 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Using Joomla and CB login together

stimpy wrote: I have the same question. Looks like CB Subs might be the answer. Some questions remain:

- Is CB Subs integrated with Joomla 2.5/3 user access levels?

Yes, with CBSUbs GPL 3.0 on CB 1.9 over Joomla 2.5/3.0 you can show a plan to specific ACL views and you can add/remove users to Joomla groups when a subscription starts/ends.

- Can I create multiple free useraccounts

You can have subscription plans that are free.

- Can I set the 'basic' registered user account so that one can register and access the site, without admin approval and the 'advanced' registration that needs admin approval before the account is activated (even if a user had a the basic registration before)

Yes you can over-ride the CB workflows based on selected plan during registration.

- Can I have basic regsitration in combination with Facebook or Twitter signup?

For Facebook/Twitter signup you need the Facebook/Twitter plugins or the CB COnnect plugin (offered to Professional members).
You need to rethink this as the main concept for these are to bypass the registration process and thus the plan selection.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon