Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Registration Confirmation Email = No ConfirmCode

• enoctis
  • enoctis
11 years 5 months ago #226014 by enoctis
I am running CB 1.9 on Joomla 2.5.9. Users require no activation methods ("none") because registration is disabled. This is a global setting as well as a CB setting.

When I, as a Super Admin, manually create a user, they can't login with an error saying that they need to confirm their email. I've tried enabling self register globally and in CB, neither with any resolve. However, when it's enabled, the email sent contains a link where the confirmation code is blank. The URL presents itself as normal but ends with
Code:
confirmcode=

Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 5 months ago #226031 by nant

enoctis wrote: I am running CB 1.9 on Joomla 2.5.9. Users require no activation methods ("none") because registration is disabled. This is a global setting as well as a CB setting.

When I, as a Super Admin, manually create a user, they can't login with an error saying that they need to confirm their email. I've tried enabling self register globally and in CB, neither with any resolve. However, when it's enabled, the email sent contains a link where the confirmation code is blank. The URL presents itself as normal but ends with

Code:
confirmcode=

Any suggestions?

[mod note: moved from possible bug to usage area]

Suggest to use CB User Manager when dealing with users in backend and not use Joomla user manager.

• enoctis
  • enoctis
11 years 5 months ago #226043 by enoctis
I've tried both methods, being Joomla and CB for user management, disabling each independently. CB says that the user is not confirmed, whereas Joomla says user IS verified. I have tried to manually confirm user, however this does not seem to be an option within CB.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 5 months ago #226064 by nant

enoctis wrote: I've tried both methods, being Joomla and CB for user management, disabling each independently. CB says that the user is not confirmed, whereas Joomla says user IS verified. I have tried to manually confirm user, however this does not seem to be an option within CB.

With CB installed you should avoid using the Joomla User Manager to add new users via the backend.

You should use the CB User Manager.

If you do not then the users you create will not be populated in the CB tables.

Yes you can manually confirm users in CB - just edit them and see the value in the contact info tab.

You can also use the CB Tool user sync to take care of this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon