Skip to Content Skip to Menu

NO Password Reset Functionality

11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #229018 by createforme
NO Password Reset Functionality was created by createforme
Ok, I've tried searching on here and the net and I've done several "work arounds", but I just don't know what else to do. On my site flyers.createforme.net I can't get the "Forgot Password" and "Forgot Username" functions to work properly, consistently. I've had to do a work around link to them on the front page (created my own links in the login module). Now some (but not all) of my users get this message when they enter their verification code:

"Your password reset confirmation failed because the verification code was invalid. User not found."

I've double checked and the user is there. I've tried typing in the user name (rather than autofill) and I've worked on this off and on for months. Can someone please get my backend details and have a look for me? I'm not a coder and I can't figure this out.

UPDATE: When I use the regular "Forgot Login?" link in the CB module, it takes me to the page where I choose "Lost Password or Lost Username". No matter which I select, I enter my email address and hit ok. I'm redirected to the home page with no confirmation (or any other kind of message). I never receive an email of any kind and the password is not reset.

So, I disabled this option and added a custom link for the standard user "Lost Password" link. This was working, though not consistently. (The error found above). However, since I updated to Joomla 3.0, I now get a SQL error and it won't work at all (the error found below).

I have a LOT of users on this site and I desperately need this to work. PLEASE HELP. I appreciate any advice you can give.

Create For Me: Website and Graphic Design
Where your ideas become reality...
www.createforme.net
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by createforme.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #230211 by createforme
Replied by createforme on topic I need help with SQL errors
I've now updated my site to Joomla 3.0 and now I get SQL errors when working with users:

Issue #1: When registering, a sql error pops up. Neither the admin nor the user receive any emails for confirmation and approval, but the user is added to the list.

Issue #2: When editing a user, a sql error pops up. The information seems to save, but the admin is unable to "save and close".

Issue #3: When reseting passwords, after entering the username, a sql error pops up. The user remains on the reset page. Nothing else happens.

Create For Me: Website and Graphic Design
Where your ideas become reality...
www.createforme.net
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by createforme. Reason: I'm at my wits end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon