Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Synchronizing users from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5.

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #230766 by
Hello,

I'm trying to realize a migration for our site from a Joomla 1.5 version, to a 2.5 website. This works with JUpgrade, i've already realised this:
  1. upgrade community builder
  2. migrate joomla to 2.5

But now i want to work on joomla 2.5 version of my site to get the template & content (menu's , articles, categories) ready, and after that i want to "sync" the users from the old (live) site to the new one, and then publish the new site.

I don't want the migration to run in 1 hour, but take my time to get the site ready before launch. all day people are changing their info, or new users are coming to our database, so i will need to have the latest version of this userdatabase.

The question is : Can i somehow transfer the users from my 1.5 joomla, to the 2.5 joomla without having to run jupgrade again? Do i also have to transfer the joomla-users, or can i just transfer the CB users, and will CB add these as joomla users ?

And if i can just transfer the CB users(and probably sync it with joomla), is this possible to just copy the database table (jos_comprofiler) ?

Please an answer for this. so i can get started.

Thankx in advance.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #231450 by
Anyone? it's been 2 weeks , no answer :(

i see that i can copy the jos_comprofiler to j25_comprofiler, but the jos_users is diferent from the j25_users.

I get like 10 new users every hour, so i have to be able to export/import these.

11 years 2 months ago #231927 by
3 weeks and 2 days ago.. sad.. very sad..

• nant
  • nant
11 years 2 months ago #231931 by nant

deenspeen wrote: 3 weeks and 2 days ago.. sad.. very sad..

yup = sad that other community members do not respond to help each other.

However I believe similar responses have been given on the forums and recommendations to use CB Juice on your J15 and J25 sites were given.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

11 years 2 months ago #232129 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Synchronizing users from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5.
Another free option might be J2XML (hence optional settings for users!)

Tutorial: www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/j2xml/
Homepage: www.eshiol.it/joomla/j2xml/j2xml-3.html

AFAIK, the comprofiler table is identical between Joomla versions and can be moved manually.

Other commercial extensions:
SPtransfer + SPupgrade by cyend.com

11 years 2 months ago #232135 by
Thanks a lot pepperstreet, i'll look into that! =) i'll let you guys know if it works!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon