Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Synchronizing users from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #232144 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Synchronizing users from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5.

deenspeen wrote: Thanks a lot pepperstreet, i'll look into that! =) i'll let you guys know if it works!

BTW, if you transfer content and users at different times... make sure you inherit all ID's and relations between content and their authors! Not 100% sure about J2XML, but SP tools care about it, AFAIK.

There is also a commercial user export/import by Joomlarra, but I have read somewhere, that it does not keep ID's.

Also suggest to have a look at CBjuice!
Dedicated Forum thread
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/226-cb-juice
CBjuice - JED
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/community-builder-extensions/community-builder-activities/2613
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by pepperstreet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #232617 by
SP Tools, You mean SP Transfer by this? i'll check this one out right now.

Sorry if i'm the one who is slow now.. but had some other work that i had to do first ;-)

11 years 1 month ago #232656 by
I see SP transfer does not work for Joomla 1.5 as far as i can see. I'm gonna try the J2XML now. :-)

11 years 1 month ago #232667 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Synchronizing users from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5.

deenspeen wrote: I see SP transfer does not work for Joomla 1.5 as far as i can see. I'm gonna try the J2XML now. :-)

SP tools work from your NEW J25 site. You enter the Database credentials from your J15 site, enter your new site PULLS the infos from your old database. There is no tool installation in your J15 site.

Its mentioned in SPupgrade FAQ and Docs. I never touched SPtransfer, and you are right... there seems to be no explicite information if it is a J25+ transfer tool only?! Please, ask the official support.

Good luck.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon