Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Generating single-use user names an passwords

• Jeff7
  • Jeff7
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #234707 by Jeff7
Hi,
I have got a question:

There are about 300 users in an organization. They now have to registrate and create an account on the new homepage I built for them.

My thought is to send everyone of them a single-use user name and password. They visit the frontend, complete their profiles an save them.

My question is, how can I generate such a single-use user name and password?
I tried to set up a csv-file with random user names and passwords an import them later with my CBJuice. But that does not work properly because CBJuice always needs more inforamtion from the users like mail adresses, etc. to finish the import.

Is there a possibility to create what I am thinking of?

I'm looking forward to help.

Thanks!
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Jeff7.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 2 weeks ago #234717 by nant

Jeff7 wrote: Hi,
I have got a question:

There are about 300 users in an organization. They now have to registrate and create an account on the new homepage I built for them.

My thought is to send everyone of them a single-use user name and password. They visit the frontend, complete their profiles an save them.

My question is, how can I generate such a single-use user name and password?
I tried to set up a csv-file with random user names and passwords an import them later with my CBJuice. But that does not work properly because CBJuice always needs more inforamtion from the users like mail adresses, etc. to finish the import.

Is there a possibility to create what I am thinking of?

I'm looking forward to help.

Thanks!

Joomla needs this not CB Juice.

You cannot create Joomla users without unique emails, usernames and name/password fields.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon