Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Images are not uploading while on a local server

• uhexos
  • uhexos
8 years 2 months ago #284574 by uhexos
Hi, the images I upload via the sign up / registration system do not upload. The field is simply occupied with a place holder image of a man with a clock beside his head. However, if I try to upload an image from the default gallery of images that community builder comes with, it displays immediately. I have tried setting the image software to GD2. I am using Xampp to build a site on my PC, I have php 5.6.15 and I am connected to the internet just in case that affects it in anyway. I have also tried turning off image re-sampling, that did not fix the problem. I also tried downloading one of the images from the gallery and re-uploaded it just to make sure it was not a size issue and it still did not work. I am absolutely stunned and i was wondering if there is a solution for this and if the fact that i am on a local server has any hand in this. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 2 months ago #284609 by nant

uhexos wrote: Hi, the images I upload via the sign up / registration system do not upload. The field is simply occupied with a place holder image of a man with a clock beside his head. However, if I try to upload an image from the default gallery of images that community builder comes with, it displays immediately. I have tried setting the image software to GD2. I am using Xampp to build a site on my PC, I have php 5.6.15 and I am connected to the internet just in case that affects it in anyway. I have also tried turning off image re-sampling, that did not fix the problem. I also tried downloading one of the images from the gallery and re-uploaded it just to make sure it was not a size issue and it still did not work. I am absolutely stunned and i was wondering if there is a solution for this and if the fact that i am on a local server has any hand in this. Thank you

Images upladed are by default set to be approved before they appear on user profiles.

This is default behaviour that you can change. Suggest you download and study the also free CB Primer Book so you are less stunned by standard behaviour items.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon