Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Deny access to Tab, Field, List Mgmt but allow for User Management?

• preldin
  • preldin
8 years 1 month ago #285652 by preldin
Hi,
I just noticed that something must have changed in either Joomla or CB when it comes to permissions since the summer. I have upgraded to J3.6.2 and CB2.0.15 and followed the upgrade path quite close. Everything works fine but now I noticed that my moderators also have access to all CB areas in the backend except Config. They used only to have access to User Management. What has happened? I really do not want my moderators to fiddle around with Field, Tab, List management or the Tools tab.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards
Pierre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 1 month ago #285673 by nant

preldin wrote: Hi,
I just noticed that something must have changed in either Joomla or CB when it comes to permissions since the summer. I have upgraded to J3.6.2 and CB2.0.15 and followed the upgrade path quite close. Everything works fine but now I noticed that my moderators also have access to all CB areas in the backend except Config. They used only to have access to User Management. What has happened? I really do not want my moderators to fiddle around with Field, Tab, List management or the Tools tab.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards
Pierre

It really depends how you configured your CB Moderators - please see the CB Primer Book and I think we have a video also explaining this.

• preldin
  • preldin
8 years 1 month ago #285716 by preldin
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, but it did not help. I have looked at the movie and it only talks about the settings for managing and editing users from the frontend. I have looked through the Primer book with no luck. Could you please be a little bit more precise?

I have used Joomla and CB for over 6 years so I'm quite familiar with the ACL setup. What I though was weired is that I have not changed these settings since before the summer and now all the sudden my Moderators (who login from the backend) don't just have access to the user management area but all areas except Config. Since I have not changed anything I wondered if you know what had changed in either Joomla or CB in the last releases, which would point me in the right direction.

If that is not the case, then I do not know why I see this, but I still would like to resolve my issue. My question is simply:
Where do I control the ACL of a user who logs in on the backend? CB has 8 sub menu items in the component menu, and I would like to only grant access to User Management (and perhaps the Control panel). I can live with the fact that the component sub menu has all 8 items, but user is denied access if clicking for example "Field Management". I cannot find any documentation around these settings. I'm willing to read and test on my own, but please point me in the right direction.

Kind Regards
Pierre

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 month ago #285718 by krileon
Navigate to each management page and review the Permissions available to each. We added significantly more permissions for deeper customization. This change was done months ago and not recently.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon