Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] optimal structure for society club?

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #277632 by gilbertstudios
[SOLVED] optimal structure for society club? was created by gilbertstudios
hello,
we're setting up a new site using CB and CBsubs for a Business Referrals Club similar to the society club mentioned in the documentation.
(CB 2.0.13 on Joomla! 3.4.8)

I do have a few questions on the best way to structure the plans.

I currently have four plans set up to cover payments made every year, every half year, every quarter and every month.

In addition, I have two merchandise items set up for the initial Registration Fee or the Rejoin Fee (for returning members).

Currently, these are all set up as separate plans... no parent/child relationships. Would it be advantageous to do so? Please explain further how this would work. (Even though I have read every word of the documentation, I'm not totally clear on how parent/child plans function or how best to set them up.)

Also, i'd like it to be mandatory to select either the Reg Fee or the Rejoin Fee ... but I need those to remain separate items, and not grouped in with the four membership plans I have set up.

I hope this makes sense...?

I need them to select one of each.
-- either the Reg or Rejoin Fee
and
-- one of the membership plans.

You can see how it is currently structured here:
www.leadsclub.gilbertstudios.com/component/comprofiler/registers

I thank you for your help and advice in better structuring these plans and two fees!

PS ... I also will want to add future merchandise items, and have them not conflict with any of the above. (I'll have them set to not display on Reg, etc.)

Thanks again,
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #277689 by gilbertstudios
Replied by gilbertstudios on topic optimal structure for society club?
oh! ... and may i add...

I'd also like the members to be able to both "upgrade" and "downgrade" easily between the four membership levels.

thank you!

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 7 months ago #278360 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic optimal structure for society club?
Setup your 2 mandatory plans as exclusive. Next setup your additional subscriptions as non-exclusive. They'll now have to select 1 of the mandatory plans with option to select other subscriptions.

I'd also like the members to be able to both "upgrade" and "downgrade" easily between the four membership levels.

Upgrades is already enabled by default. If not then ensure upgrades are enabled globally within CBSubs > Settings > Global and also under the Workflows tab of your plans. There is no downgrading so they'd need to upgrade to the other plan or cancel then purchase the other plan.

There's not really a better way to structure multiple same plans with different prices. We have the same situation here at JP and our solution was to use CSS to hide all the plan details except the radio and the price. You can review this usage below.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-registration/registers

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #278485 by gilbertstudios
thank you for your feedback.
i'm sorry... either i didn't explain it well, or i'm not understanding your suggestion...
as when i play with the exclusive settings as you mention, it's still not behaving as i like.

let me try again...

I need them to select both:
-- either the Registration or the Rejoin Fee, and also
-- one of the four membership plans.

i currently have the four membership places set up as exclusive... and this is mostly what we need because we need them to select ONLY one of these four plans. (so that's working fine as is.)

but then... i ALSO need them to pay for either the Registration or the Rejoin Fee. i currently have these set up as non-exclusive, but with the Reg Fee selected by default.
...this is almost what we need... but it's still technically possible for them to unselect the Reg Fee and pay for neither.

when i want them to be forced to pay for one of these two options AND one of the four membership plans.

does that make sense? am i explaining it well?

it's basically = they have to pay a registration fee AND choose an ongoing membership level.

(...and we offer two reg fees depending if they are new or returning member.)

thanks again so much for your advice on structuring these plans!

8 years 6 months ago #280100 by gilbertstudios
I'd really like to better understand how to structure these plans.
-- what it means for items to be exclusive or not
-- how i can make it mandatory to select or group certain things together without it affecting the choices of other items.

I'd also like to know how to offer additional items (products or events) for purchase outside of the subscription plans.

I have read all the documentation and material over and over, and still do not feel clear on these items.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

8 years 6 months ago #280386 by gilbertstudios

gilbertstudios wrote: I'd really like to better understand how to structure these plans.
-- what it means for items to be exclusive or not
-- how i can make it mandatory to select or group certain things together without it affecting the choices of other items.

I'd also like to know how to offer additional items (products or events) for purchase outside of the subscription plans.

I have read all the documentation and material over and over, and still do not feel clear on these items.

I would also be happy to read any other forum topics that previously explain these, if you could please direct me to them.

I just do not understand exactly how to best set up all the items to achieve what i'm looking for:
- One Mandatory Registration Fee (1 of 2 options)
- One Mandatory Subscription Level (1 of 4 options - this is already configured as i like)
- Numerous future "products" or "events" or items that can be offered for sale elsewhere, and not available on main Registration page.

As it is now ... If I set the two reg fees as exclusive also, then it just lists all 6 options together with radio buttons.
...whereas i want to display two radio buttons for the first two exclusive options (in one group - Reg Fees), and then the second group of four exclusive items (Subscription Levels).

Thank you to anyone who can help me!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon