Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] optimal structure for society club?

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #281969 by gilbertstudios
Replied by gilbertstudios on topic [SOLVED] optimal structure for society club?
please... is there anyone who can explain how to structure these plans so they perform as i've outlined above?
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by nant. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
8 years 4 months ago #281979 by beat
Replied by beat on topic optimal structure for society club?
First of all, sorry for having missed your previous reply.

2 Quick questions:
- Is this all on your registration form or is "re-join" for members already registered on your site ?
- Are the 2 fees independent of the subscription duration choosen after ?

If it is at registration form:

Another way would be to have a separate mandatory CB radio-field (you can even pre-select a choice) which explains the additional fee.

Then setup two promotions (with a negative value) that are conditional to that field. Name them "Re-join fee" and "Registration fee". (setup 8 promotions if fees differ depending on plan).

If re-join means they already have an account:

You can still do the fees with negative promotions, but then make promotions dependant on past subscriptions or other condtions.

Maybe that's better and easier than having those 2 fees as plans, as they are not really a subscription nor a merchandise, and are mandatory.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: gilbertstudios

8 years 4 months ago #282047 by gilbertstudios
Replied by gilbertstudios on topic optimal structure for society club?

beat wrote: 2 Quick questions:
- Is this all on your registration form or is "re-join" for members already registered on your site ?
- Are the 2 fees independent of the subscription duration choosen after ?

Yes, all of these options are presented on the sign up form.
(The second option being for a returning member of the society / business club, not necessarily someone who has ever actually signed up in our website.)

You can see it in action on the dev site here:
www.leadsclub.gilbertstudios.com/component/comprofiler/registers

Yes, they are independent... the user can choose either Fee, and then still choose any of the four access / payment levels.

beat wrote: If it is at registration form:

Another way would be to have a separate mandatory CB radio-field (you can even pre-select a choice) which explains the additional fee.

Then setup two promotions (with a negative value) that are conditional to that field. Name them "Re-join fee" and "Registration fee". (setup 8 promotions if fees differ depending on plan).

I was hoping there was a simpler way, already built-in to the way i was setting it up, and yet i am willing to do this another way, if it's better to do so.

Would you please provide a tad more info on the promotion option you're suggesting?

Where and how then would the fee be added to the total?

Or would the "negative value promotion" be adding the fee?

I will look into setting it up this way.

Thank you so much!

• beat
  • beat
8 years 4 months ago #282133 by beat
Replied by beat on topic optimal structure for society club?
Yes, a negative promotion adds the fee.

It will be added automatically to the basket when the plan is added chosen for purchased.

Additionally, with a promotion, you can override (complete or replace) the plan title and description, as well as mention it in the price.

The CBSubs Documentation has a whole chapter for Promotions, as well as use-cases using it.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

8 years 4 months ago #282814 by gilbertstudios
Replied by gilbertstudios on topic optimal structure for society club?
thank you so much.

i have set it all up and it looks like it will work perfectly!

thank you for the idea, suggestion and guidance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon