Skip to Content Skip to Menu

ARB expired, how to proceed in CBsubs?

• ThePiston
  • ThePiston
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #279529 by ThePiston
ARB expired, how to proceed in CBsubs? was created by ThePiston
Got an email that an ARB in authorize.net expired after only 1 recurring. I checked the subscription area and the "Recurrings Used" = 1, and the "Maximum recurrings" = "unlimited".

Why would an ARB ever expire if it is set to "unlimited"?

This is the notification from authorize.net:

Your Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) subscription 23450723 has
expired.

SECURITY STATEMENT
It is not recommended that you ship product(s) or otherwise grant
services relying solely upon this e-mail receipt.

RECURRING TRANSACTION INFORMATION
Subscription ID: 23450723
Transaction : 1 of 1
Invoice : 54ybw4by5ybwb
Amount : 100.00 (USD)
Payment Method : Credit Card

Does the user get notified? How should we proceed with this?

Thanks guys

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by ThePiston.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ThePiston
  • ThePiston
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #279530 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic ARB expired, how to proceed in CBsubs?
ok, some further investigating shows that the credit card for this user was declined and the ARB was canceled.

However, in CBcubs the user is still set to "Autorenew type = Mandatory" and "Autorecurring type = auto recurring with notifications"

Why did CBcubs not convert this subscription to "Manual" when her ARB was canceled? - and also sent her an email with this notification that her payment was declined and for her to update her card on our website?

The reason I'm asking is because all of our users are on an ARB and now, 1 year later, a lot of them are coming back as declined but it seems CBsubs is not converting these users to a manual renew type and therefore they are not being notified properly.

Here's my real issue: my client is very upset at me.

Am I missing some sort of option in the Config possibly that would fix all of this? I know this is all very complex, but maybe I set something up incorrectly?

**edit** Silent Post URL is set up properly on authorize.net and also correctly set to "set at authorize.net" in CBsubs gateway options

• beat
  • beat
8 years 7 months ago #279533 by beat
Replied by beat on topic ARB expired, how to proceed in CBsubs?
1) Did you get a notification (silent post url) about that ARB cancellation in CBSubs Notifications ?

2) If not, do you see any log or error about such a cancellation in CBSubs History logs ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• ThePiston
  • ThePiston
8 years 7 months ago #279536 by ThePiston
1) last thing in "History Logs" for this Subscription was the payment last year. I checked Baskets, Payments, and Subscriptions and no sign of any error or other entry of any type for 2016.
2) If you mean History Logs, no - nothing froths year. The only thing we got was the notification email from authorize.net; otherwise, we would have no idea that this payment failed.

• beat
  • beat
8 years 7 months ago #279538 by beat
Replied by beat on topic ARB expired, how to proceed in CBsubs?

ThePiston wrote: 1) last thing in "History Logs" for this Subscription was the payment last year. I checked Baskets, Payments, and Subscriptions and no sign of any error or other entry of any type for 2016.
2) If you mean History Logs, no - nothing froths year. The only thing we got was the notification email from authorize.net; otherwise, we would have no idea that this payment failed.

Without Silent POST coming through, CBSubs cannot guess that the ARB failed and that the automation failed.

3) Did any other Silent POST come through and is visible in CBSubs notifications ?

If not, and they are configured properly at Authorize.net, you should check if you see any Silent POST in your Apache server access logs (and Apache Error logs). If you don't see anything, then you should check with Authorize.net what's the status on their Silent POST successes, and if ok, also with your hoster why they don't come through. E.g. if a mod_security rule or a firewall or other system of the hoster doesn't let them come through.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• ThePiston
  • ThePiston
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #279632 by ThePiston
Would I search for the silent post URL or some other keyword to find the error in logs?

I pasted the silent post URL directly into my browser and saw this:

ARB-Silent: ARB silent post Hash check failed

Moderators: beatnantkrileon