Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Suggested Migration of CBSub from 2.x to 3.x

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 10 months ago #288597 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Suggested Migration of CBSub from 2.x to 3.x

In the case of a fresh install, would I be better off not making any config changes (like plans, plugins, etc) in the backend and then just copy over all the CB tables?

Doesn't really matter as you'll be completely overriding those tables.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlexRag
  • AlexRag
7 years 10 months ago #288608 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Suggested Migration of CBSub from 2.x to 3.x
Thanks Kyle,

Just so I'm clear, all the CB and CBSubs tables begin with:

_cbcomprofiler
_cbsubs

Also, which joomla user tables do I need to copy to make sure the ids match? Would it be?

_usergroups
_user
_user_notes
_user_profiles
_user_group_map

I gather I should copy that table over first.

I also have kunena installed that integrates with CB. If I don't move the table over, will it cause issues with sync?
or would I be better off moving those tables over too

Lastly. Are the tables changed in any way when joomla upgrades from 2.x to 3.x? Will overwriting fresh J3.x table with older J2.x table mess things up?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 10 months ago #288660 by krileon

Just so I'm clear, all the CB and CBSubs tables begin with:

Yes, unless you've GJ installed then it begins with _groupjive.

Also, which joomla user tables do I need to copy to make sure the ids match? Would it be?

Probably, but view access levels are also important as tabs, plugins, etc.. are view access level based.

I also have kunena installed that integrates with CB. If I don't move the table over, will it cause issues with sync?
or would I be better off moving those tables over too

Depends on what you're integrating. Any parameters pointing to a category that no longer exists will just stop functioning.

Lastly. Are the tables changed in any way when joomla upgrades from 2.x to 3.x? Will overwriting fresh J3.x table with older J2.x table mess things up?

For CB, no. For Joomla, I've no idea.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

• AlexRag
  • AlexRag
7 years 10 months ago #288665 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Suggested Migration of CBSub from 2.x to 3.x
I might have to rethink this.

The reason I was looking at a fresh install was because the Joomla Update kept giving me an error and each re-attempt I uninstalled plugins and other extensions, even the template, leaving essentially Joomla and CB/CBSubs. But all without success.

My search revealed some clues (such as deleting old Joomla 1.7 files that managed to stay when I upgraded to 2.x). I may try to go completely bare-bones with absolutely no other add-on except CB/CBSubs to see if that helps.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 10 months ago #288669 by krileon
It's certainly no small task to move your install from 1 to another. It's basically a migration. It'll take time and needs to be done carefully. Migrating to same version or similar version basically just means you don't risk too much incompatibility issues with ACL, but all the other problems associated with a migration are still there.

I would look into seeing why your Joomla upgrade is failing to begin with and try fixing that.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

Moderators: beatnantkrileon