Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Not Asking for Credit Card for Plan With Free Subscription

8 years 4 months ago #282232 by Goosemoose
I have a plan with 3 months free and want their subscription created, with credit card during checkout. I read here on the forums that I need to use Paypal so I am.

I set the plan Owner ID and the normal Paypal gateway Owner ID to 1 (and nothing else).

When registering though I'm not seeing a paypal button, just a Sign Up at the bottom of the form. This of course creates a subscription but never asks for paypal info.

I'm not sure what else I could be missing. Thanks in advance for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
8 years 4 months ago #282252 by beat

Goosemoose wrote: I have a plan with 3 months free and want their subscription created, with credit card during checkout. I read here on the forums that I need to use Paypal so I am.

I set the plan Owner ID and the normal Paypal gateway Owner ID to 1 (and nothing else).

When registering though I'm not seeing a paypal button, just a Sign Up at the bottom of the form. This of course creates a subscription but never asks for paypal info.

I'm not sure what else I could be missing. Thanks in advance for any help!

It is not possible in Paypal website standard to memorize a credit card number without a clear payment schedule.

To do this, you need:

- in Plan settings: "Is the first amount and period different" to "different" as you wish, then set a price for 2nd and next payments and a period.
- In Gateway setting: "Enable PayPal": Enable (only) Recurring payments.

Then user knows why he gives his credit-card, and can still cancel if needed.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

8 years 4 months ago #282254 by Goosemoose
Hi Beat,

Thank you for the fast response.

I believe that's exactly what I do have now.

Currently "Is the first amount..." is set to "Different first period and price for registration and upgrade"

Fist period is set to price of 0.00 for 3 months.

Regular price is set to 20 for 1 month for an unlimited period.

I setup a separate gateway using Paypal, only set to "Enable Recurring Paypal Subscriptions" and set both the gateway and plan to ID of an Owner ID of 1.

• beat
  • beat
8 years 4 months ago #282255 by beat
Great, thanks for confirmation that it works now :)

If you don't have other plans needing other gateways, there is no need to change Owner ID from 0 to 1 in Plan and and gateway: In plan too, you can set "Auto-recurring renewals" to "Yes, subscribe user to automatic recurring payments", and leave gateway enabled for both single and autorecurring payments.

It is better to have 1 gateway setting per PSP, and have plans with the right settings.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

8 years 4 months ago #282256 by Goosemoose
Sorry if there was confusion, it's not working. It's not asking for a credit card.

I do have a dozen or so plans and have PayPal Pro and authorize.net gateways setup. Those all have an ID of 0. Only this plan and gateway have the ID of 1.

The other plans without trial periods work fine.

Any ideas?

• beat
  • beat
8 years 4 months ago #282263 by beat

Goosemoose wrote: Sorry if there was confusion, it's not working. It's not asking for a credit card.

I do have a dozen or so plans and have PayPal Pro and authorize.net gateways setup. Those all have an ID of 0. Only this plan and gateway have the ID of 1.

The other plans without trial periods work fine.

Any ideas?

Sorry, misunderstood.

As I implied in my answer above: 2 conditions are needed for an auto-recurring payment subscriptions to be made mandatory:

1. In plan settings, set "Auto-recurring renewals" to "Yes, subscribe user to automatic recurring payments",

2. and in gateway enable both single and autorecurring payments (or at least auto-recurring payments)

Once those 2 conditions are met, then auto-recurring payments become mandatory for that plan.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon